Guest

>>Matthew

I tried to calm myself down. This wasn't the time to get mad, I had other things to focus on.

"A guest is coming. Clean yourself up and keep the body in the basement." I looked down at the mess he was making, "You can call in the 'cleaner' later."

"A guest?" He frowned, "It's not the Jade Twins if you want to keep the body hidden." A smirk appeared on his face, "Who is this 'guest' of yours." I knew he must have already had a hunch because we don't bring just anyone to this house.

"Clio," I replied and his smirk widened.

"I'll clean up the blood."

***

>>Clio

I don't know for sure why I said that I wanted to stay with him but I just wanted to offer a hand in this time of anguish. It seemed like he would be alone otherwise and I just didn't like the sound of that.

And so here I am, walking towards his house, at night.

Why at night?

I don't know, I shook my head. Originally Matthew said he had many things he needed to take care of and I thought he was rejecting my offer but then he said he would like my company and told me to meet at his place after sundown. He said he'd be done with his work by then and I agreed.

Seeing that he had to work even when he was hurting just made me more sad.

I looked up at the sky. It had been cloudy the whole day, I wonder if it'll rain tonight?

!?!?

And as if my thoughts were a curse, without a sound or indication a shower of water came splashing down with full speed.

"What the!?!?" It was the kind of rain that just let all of the water that it had been holding in down all at once, "Oh My God!?" I ran towards the house even though at this point I knew I'd be drenched before I reached his porch, "Why!?!?"

And that's exactly what happened. As I was standing outside his luxurious house having double thoughts about it all, I rang the doorbell and I sighed as I looked at the pool of water forming on the porch around my feet. My clothes were soaked like they had been immersed in water.

It's the rainy season, I get it. But other than that, is it bad luck season too?? Because my luck had certainly been quite bad.

The door opened and a tall figure appeared in front of me, "Clio," He called my name.

"Hello, sir-" And right then I let out a sneeze, "Achoo!"

Matthew frowned as he looked at me from head to toe, and I would normally be very conscious of it, but good thing I was wearing a hoodie and jeans so my clothes weren't sticking to my skin.

"Come in," He stepped aside.

"Um," I was hesitant, "I'll get everything wet." I raised my arms to let him see how my clothes were dripping.

"It's alright," He replied and gestured to me to come in. I was feeling weird but I had already come all the way here so I went in. Matthew closed the door behind me, "You should get in the shower first."

!?!?!?

"Yes?" I shot my head back at him in horror, "Why!?"

He looked back at me, "What do you mean why?" He asked, "Do you want to catch a cold?"

"Oh?" I knew this wasn't a good idea, taking a bath or a shower in a man's house, "I'm fine-" I let out another loud sneeze, "ACHOO!" But like I said, it was bad luck season.