Unnerve

>>Clio

Just as I realized that my boss was lying, I felt a wave of anxiety run around in my chest.

Why is he lying? Did he really do it?

He killed someone?

No, he had flesh in his mouth?

...

What?

"Liar," I said as I stared at him, "You're lying," I frowned, "D-" I was at a loss for words for a moment, "Did you really do it?"

"That's right," Nolan stepped towards me, "He's lying!" But Matthew didn't let him approach me, "There was a reason why I said he's dangerous Clio." Nolan didn't stop talking, "You still have time, come back with me."

I was in shock.

I still couldn't believe that Matthew did that. Matthew looked back at me without a word. Then he averted his gaze.

"How are you sure that I'm the one lying?" He asked, not meeting my eyes.

"There are times I can tell," I whispered back, "Did you," I paused, "Really...?" My heart felt heavy and I felt strange.

He stood there for a moment, thinking.

But he didn't answer me. I wondered if it was because he knew I'd be able to tell that he was lying or he simply didn't want to clarify. But whatever the case, he walked away.

!!!!?

I was not expecting him to simply walk away.

And I saw him go to the company building without looking back even once.

"Clio," Nolan finally approached me. He tried to grab my hands but I pulled myself away.

"Don't touch me," I said firmly. I was feeling disgusted and wanted space.

"Fine," He raised his hands in his defense, "But now that you know what he is, you should come back with me,"

I felt angry,

"No," I glared at him,

"What?"

"No, If you didn't hear it. Let me say it in Spanish, NOH!" I raised my voice, "Stay away from me!"

"Clio, you want to stay here?"

"It's not that I want to stay here, it's that I'm never going back to you."

"Why not?"

I was baffled, "Why not? After everything I said? And I've actually thought about it a lot. Maybe you don't remember you used to gaslight me, telling me I was a defective woman and no one else but you would want me."

"That-" He was flustered, "Come on, I wasn't exactly wrong, You're not normal."

His words stung,

"Yeah," I nodded, "So forget about ever getting me back. I'd rather be with a murderer than you."

"You don't mean that..." He shook his wait, "Wait, I didn't mean what I said,"

"I do," I replied confidently, "In case you had any doubt left since last time we were both heated up. I'll tell you this calmly today. We're over." The words hit him like a truck, "I've moved on from you and I'm never coming back." I began to walk away, "I hate you, and I don't ever want to see you again." And I crossed him to walk towards the company building.

His facial expressions churned into hurt, but it didn't affect me much, "How will you take care of Murim and his family?" He turned to look at me again.