The Misfits in a peaceful place

>>Clio

"Yes," Matthew replied, "Bastards and abnormal wolves deserve a pack too." He looked at his subjects, "This is our place."

My heart acted weird. I didn't mean it like that, I was just surprised. Of course everyone deserves to have a home.

I looked at the crowd again as the sun was setting and my eyes went over all the people I could see.

I see... He was kicked out for being a bastard, so created a place for others like him. Is that it? That must be, thus the name

'Misfits'

"Hello," I greeted them, "It's really nice to meet you all." The curious expressions on their faces turned to smiles

"Hello! Luna!" They all seemed delighted to meet me. A little bit too much

Luna!?!

Why are they saying that when Matthew and I aren't even official!??! Is it because if I was a werewolf I wouldn't even think about being with anyone else?

I glanced at Matthew and he simply smiled at me, making no attempt to tell his people he and I weren't together yet.

I looked back at his people and something suddenly struck me.

!!!

Wait a minute...

Him bringing me to his pack would be just like him bringing me to meet his family!!!

OH MY GOD!

I can't believe I just realized that!!!

***

The moon hung low in the sky, casting a silver glow over the clearing where the pack had assembled. A makeshift fire crackled, its warmth offering a reprieve from the cool night air. The pack members, most of them in their human forms, chatted and laughed, sharing stories of both their human and wolf lives.

The gathering was made for me. The lights of the houses and surroundings were turned on and so the place was bright but the fire was what was illuminating us the most in the clearing.

I was the center of attention, sitting on a thick tree stump with plenty of curious eyes on me.

"Um," I looked at them, "I'm not sure if you guys want me to say something or..."

"Luna!" A young woman said, "No need to be nervous!"

I nodded, "Still," Feeling a mix of nervousness and gratitude. "It's all so new to me."

Some of them chuckled, a sound that mirrored the rustling leaves. "No worries. We're all on your side." They all were a bit too welcoming.

It was a feeling that had grown alien to me. A bit too foreign

"All of you?" My gaze dropped for a moment, "On my side, why?" I looked at them, "I just came here for the first time,"

"Because you're the Alpha's mate!"

"I'm not even a wolf," I told them, "What if I choose not to be with him?" My question caught them off guard, they all glanced at each other and for a moment they kept staring.

It took me a moment but I realized what they were doing.

MINDLINKING!!

They're talking amongst themselves. Matthew told me about this when I asked what he meant wolves had something similar to telepathy.

I gulped,

I wonder what they're discussing. It got me nervous. Will they throw me away if I don't choose Matthew? Will I be someone weird to them too?