Transform

>>Clio

Days at the pack were quite peaceful and I found myself adjusting here far better than I had thought. Waking up in nature surrounded by tears and natural beauty was doing wonders for my mental health

But there was something else that was filling my head

Matthew Merikh

I saw him going on a run every morning with other pack members. I mean, not as a human. From my window on the second floor I saw a few of the members who could shift turn into wolves and go running around in the forest.

Now anyone would think I'm going crazy and perhaps I have gone crazy.

But his black furred wolf is so hot!

His dark ebony colored fur and his huge size has been making my heart flutter! GOD! I have gone insane!

I know I have,

I took a deep breath and walked around the pack around noon when I saw Matthew talking to Azef.

OH!

The director is here too. When did he arrive?

"Any news about Elira?" Matthew asked

"No," Azef replied, "Nothing..." They both looked down in disappointment.

Elira,

Right, she would be Azef's sister as well. As I walked over to them, both their ears twitched and they looked at me.

"Chicky!" Azef smiled at me, "How are you doing?"

Chicky... Looks like he's sticking with that nickname

"I'm good, when did you come?"

"Just this morning," His smile didn't fade, "It's nice to see you're doing okay."

"Mmm," I nodded, "Thanks to you,"

"Me?" He asked, "What did I do?"

"You saved my mom," I answered, "I recognized you, it was your wolf form, right?"

He was a little surprised, "No problem," His smile got gentler, "I couldn't let my brother's mate be sad now, can I?" He looked at both of us who stood side by side, "Anything for the happiness of my family." Azef had a sinister tone yet his words sounded really genuine.

"I'm really glad you were there," I told him, "Thank you,"

He nodded, "Well, I better get to work," He waved at us as he started walking away, "Duty calls,"

"Work?" I looked at Matthew

"He's the beta of the pack, so he's got a lot of responsibilities as well."

"Oh," I nodded, "I see," I licked my lips, and then chose to ask the question,"You're still looking for her?" I asked, "For you sister,"

Matthew glanced at me once Azef was out of our sights, "I am,"

"After all these years?" I had unspoken words stuck in my throat, like what if she's dead? Or what if she doesn't want to be found? Because after so many years, if she was here, something about her would have been found right? But those words didn't leave my mouth. They couldn't. Because I didn't want to hurt Matthew.

"All I can do is try," He replied and I wondered, His family must mean a lot to him, especially because there aren't many members in it.

"Chris's case became a huge deal on social media." I changed the topic, "People are saying that's the karma the Head Hunter got, his own head was barely attached to her body."