Intimacy

>>Clio

Out of anything he could have asked, I wasn't expecting him to say something like that. Why would he even ask something like that???

"W-what?" I shot my head up to meet his gaze, "No!" I shook my head, "Not at all!" I panicked but I'm glad I was able to immediately deny it.

Find his scars disgusting? As if!!! I never even thought guys would think like that! Women are more conscious of things like these.

Like I am...

"No?" He passed me a smile but that smile looked rather sad.

I shook my head, "I have one too." I placed my hand on my lower abdomen, "So, no, not at all," I gulped, trying to keep my composure. I'll keep my mouth shut about the part where I think the scars make him look sexy. He might think I'm weird, "I don't even know what would make you say that..."

"Scars have stories to tell," He said and turned to walk towards the lounge, "Mine aren't pretty."

...

I guess it's not the scars he finds disturbing, but the events attached to it.

That's understandable.

I followed behind without thinking of it much, "Well," Since we were already on the topic, I decided to just say it as well, "Mine isn't as well." But obviously what I had was nowhere compared to what he had, "Of course I only have one deep scar, so I might sound like I'm being some sort of a brat-"

"No," He cut me off as he stopped and turned to look at me, "You're not," My heart warmed at his words, "Not at all." It was clear as day that my scar doesn't mean much next to what he had on his skin but he still chose to give importance to me. He chose not to undermine me.

My gaze dropped as my feelings evolved.

He makes me feel special. Being with him always calms me.

I don't know if I should thank him for that or not? And the uncertainty kept my mouth shut.

"Tell me though," He spoke again, catching my attention. I looked up at him again as his hand approached me, catching me off guard.

!!!

His wet fingers trailer along my jawline before his hand cupped my cheek, "How did you get it?" His gaze dropped down to my stomach, "How did you get hurt?"

How did I get it? The story isn't complicated or anything. It happened on an unlucky day. A day I met Murim again while on duty and Murim has always hated me.

"I-" I paused, I was going to answer when something crossed my mind. Come to think of it. I've already told him so much about myself but I barely know anything about him, "I'll tell you how I got these, if you tell me how you got your scars."

He smirked,he wasn't offended by my outright insensitive statement at all, "So you're finally curious about me."

!!!

"What?" I felt a sudden rush of shyness,

"It felt like I was the only one who wanted to know more about you," He paused as his thumb rested on my hot cheek, "Only me," And then he moved his thumb, sliding it across my cheek as a tender gesture, making my heart act wilder.

"W-well," I was flustered and the shyness was messing with my thoughts, "It's not that I wasn't curious about you..."

"Hmm?" There was a subtle smile on his face, like he was relaxed now, "Then what was it?"

"Just that," I averted my gaze, "I felt like I shouldn't ask because well, you were my boss and all..."

"Was?"