Sick

>>Clio

I shook my head and continued walking back.

Why would Rameen be running around in this kind of weather in the middle of the night?

I made it back to my apartment with trembling legs. I had no energy and I barely made it in and collapsed on the floor. My thighs were burning and I had to drag myself to the bathroom where I took off the clothes but I didn't have the energy to even throw them in the wash. I just grabbed a big shirt I already had in the bathroom, wore it, and crawled to my bed where I passed out.

***

>>Zhou-Lin

"I'm pretty sure now," I looked at my sister, "That girl is his mate."

"'What makes you so sure?" Xia-Lin asked as she brought an ice pack over to me and we both stood in front of the wall-sized window of the hotel room and stared out at the city, looking at the night view.

"There was a worry in his eyes when he barged into that room." I took the ice and placed it on my nose, "His eyes were full of concern when he went to glance out the window to look for her." We exchanged a glance, "It was the type of gaze he's never held for anyone else."

My chest felt queasy when I remembered that.

Xia-Lin sighed, "So?" She smoked from her jade smoking pipe, "Are you going to kill her?"

I thought about it, "Should I?" I smiled softly, "That would break Matthew enough to make him fall into despair."

Xia-Lin chuckled, "Then? You plan on coveting him?"

"Why not?" I let out a soft snicker myself, "But first I need to find this 'Cherelle Zima' and discover her true identity."

***

>>Mathhew

I went to work a little late. All the employees were already working when I passed by the open corridor but that didn't stop me from noticing an empty seat.

I stopped and stared at the spot. I was well aware of who it belonged to.

"Oh!" Bizy noticed and stood up from his seat and noticed where I was looking at, "The intern is sick..."

Oh? He's sick?

"I see," I replied to him but that wasn't the only place my eyes were on. Right by the empty seat was Chris's spot. She had her eyes glued to the screen but she looked disturbed. I contemplated whether to say anything or keep quiet about it.

...

I then walked to my office.

***

>Clio

I couldn't move, my body felt so lethargic, I was basically out of power and the fatigue had turned into a fever.

Hell...

I sent a text to Bizy and one to Nolan as well that I was sick. I had to inform the company why I was taking a leave but I told Nolan about it since he texted to ask me what I found at the party at Lux.

It was hard to write because my eyes kept watering and my vision wouldn't focus but I somehow managed and sent it.

This is what happened to me because I ran like crazy and swam like crazy for one day... I should really start putting in more exercise. I opened my eyes to look around but my vision was a little hazy.

Or maybe it was because I went there straight after work and had to pull some serious stunts to escape...

Oh God... I need some medicine, a painkiller, and some food too but I have no energy to even get up. I tried, but I couldn't even push myself up from the bed, my arms felt like jelly, they couldn't push anything!