Dark revelations

>>Clio

He noticed me even though I had stopped at a distance from him.

"Clio," He came rushing over, "Clio," He had a desperate look on his face, "I need to talk to you."

Why? Why is he here? Didn't I make myself clear the last time we met?

I took a step back feeling anxious but Matthew immediately covered me. For a second I completely forgot about him but his action made me look at him as I felt like I was being protected.

The scene made Nolan frown but he still approached us anyway.

"I need to talk to you," He said once again but I felt a little better because of Matthew's presence. It made the anxiety settle down.

"I have nothing to say to you." I replied, "We're over, aren't we?"

Nolan gritted his teeth, "Just like that?"

"It wasn't just like that," I replied as I stepped forward, "It happened because of a reason and you know who was behind it." Matthew stepped back after seeing that I was ready to talk.

He clenched his jaw, "I apologized for that and I'll do it again-"

"Don't," I replied, "It's over. I don't want your apology," The last time we met, I was in so much pain. But somehow, this time is different. My heart isn't hurting like it did last time. I am still sad about what he did but my feelings are calm.

It was surprising. But I've moved on from him quite fast. Because rather than sad, I'm simply disappointed now.

I glanced at Matthew.

I wonder why...

"What about the people after you?" Nolan said, "You were harmed just recently."

!!!

I immediately placed my hand on my stomach, his words reminded me of something very unpleasant and it caught me off guard. A few months back I accidentally met Murim and he had a minion of his stab me.

'The sight of you is very annoying,' I recalled his words as the past image flashed through my mind. It was a very short interaction. Only happened because I went to the wrong part of a shooting set late at night and he was there.

I gritted my teeth. I know of the kind of trouble I can get into, but that's no longer his problem.

"I'll take care of myself." I told him.

"How!" He stepped towards me but Matthew blocked his path again.

"I can't deal with this shit anymore." The boss was even more pissed off now, "Don't bother her," He growled at him.

"Her?" Nolan's eyes went wide as he only focused on one word. He paused for a moment to process the information, then his expression turned grim, "So you told him?"

"She did," He replied, "And just so you know, we're also dating."

I mean it was understandable that Nolan was shocked, but I was even more shocked. My eyes went wide as well and we both looked at Matthew in awe.

But I didn't hate it. Rather, I felt a tingle in my stomach at that. So, I composed myself fast. I didn't want Nolan to catch on that he was lying.

Just a few hours ago he told Chris we weren't dating, now he is telling Nolan that we are...

I guess he accessed the situation and just said it, but I can't believe how different my reactions are in both cases.

...