Chapter 25: Schadenfreude Dreams

You went up to the glass and pounded on it, screaming and begging. Your screams were filled with No's and Please's. Tears began to fall from your face sobbing as you expressed actual pain, letting out one last defeated "no" before collapsing on the ground hopeless.

As you shouted and wasted all the little energy you had left, the President left the room and put the gun back into his coat pocket. In the dome-shaped room, the Secret Scientists carried on with their studies without the slightest remorse or emotion, collaborating with each other as they took in the genius knowledge you have created. They wasted no time copying your formula and experimenting with it, seeing if they could tap into worlds other than Skyrim.

Meanwhile, you lied on the floor  of your cell void of expression. You could hear the rain fall on the surface outside, as though nature was in tune with your soul; the storms in your heart.

The evil man came back into the room, pulled up a chair, and watched his zoo animal sulk on the ground. "She's dead now, Y/N. She looked at me, confused and scared when I shot her, and I watched her die." A small smile played on his face.

You looked up at him with horror and dazed wickedness as a tear fell down your face.  After a long pause, the President snapped out of his schadenfreude dream. "Oh, that's right. So to get started, I arranged this cell of yours to be your very own lab-slash-bedroom. You will have a nice bed to sleep in, a large blackboard to sketch your ideas on, some of your equipment, which honestly, half of it I don't even know what is called... Everything you need is right here." He leaned foreword in his chair. "Hey, and if you refuse to not work and act like a lazy, rebellious piece of shit, I will take away someone else in your life. I have connections. What about your mother?"

You got up from the cold ground and stood up tiredly, your head leaned to the side out of utter stress. You hesitated at first, but responded with, "Okay, I'll do it." You spoke just above a whisper.

"I knew someone as smart as you wouldn't turn down someone such as powerful as me."

The President confidently stood from his chair and left the room for a brief period. "Tonight, I will let you have the liberty to rest. A healthy mind, after all, is a well-rested mind. Guards," he called for his henchmen, "watch this one. He is one of the smartest men in the world, I am not sure how long this cell is going to hold such a talent." He then shifted his eyes to you. "This, Y/N, will also give time for your colleagues to finish their research and come up with ideas for you."

He then cleared his throat. "Well, goodnight." You stood there and your eyes followed him walking away and closing the door.

Your inner monologue: You made a terrible mistake when you locked me up in here... You've said it yourself, but you're too stupid to see... I have everything I need right here.

You watched the heavy men surround your cell as they stared at you back. Cameras were everywhere. You darted your eyes around the room, studying everything with a focused expression as you attempted to hide your thrill. Alas, you did as the President permitted for you since you were genuinely tired, and had time for all of these situations later.

You went to the bed, lifted the covers, and began to lie down after dimming the lights. You could not turn the lights all the way off in risk of the facility's safety of your possible actions. Your eyes grew heavy, and you slowly went back to sleep.

------

In Katia's cell, she sat there on the floor, looking lonesomely at the floor crying quietly, her tail was wrapped around her legs criss-crossed.

Momentarily, the president showed up to her cell, and sat down in the same chair as before. "Hey. I know you hate me, but you are our only means of understanding the Universe you come from... So, the first question I should ask is, who are you exactly."

Her tail flickered and remained stoic. "Why don't you figure it out yourself, dumbass."

He played the same cards as he played on you earlier. "Oooh. See, that's the same kind of attitude your boyfriend gave me before I killed him."

"What?" She shook in her voice and looked up at him with shock, her body rattled as her heart was crushed into a fine powder.

"Yep. He had a lot of blood, too," he grinned. "Oh, he tried to escape though, which I admired. But you know, in regards to his invention, we'll give someone else the credit. How about Elon Musk, he's popular enough on planet Earth. Like how Thomas Edison gets all the credit inventing the light bulb, even though it was someone else way before his time," he rambled.

"I can't believe you!" She whined and her sobs got louder, collapsing to the floor laying still as she hitched.

A long pause filled the air. She completely lost the will to live, almost instantly. And her life no longer had purpose.

Afterwards, she got up from the ice cold floor and looked up at the President. Without nothing to lose, and with no immediate way to take her own life. She was ready to answer all his questions. "Okay. I am ready."