Chapter 35: Returning the letter - Quill Weave

After a few more moments of house-making between you and your love - organizing books, setting up decorations, making the bed - both of you got ready to set off again to make a visit to Quill-Weave's home once more.

"You know, it'll be fun, I think. I think there might have been some stuff I left in my old room, anyway." Her teeth showed as she spoke, and she shrugged her shoulders at the same time.

"Oh, so you lived with this Quill-Weave?"

"Yes, I have, Y/N... It's such a long story. Before I met you, I wanted to leave my home world of Hammerfell and take a boat here to Cyrodiil in hopes that I can escape my ugly past and start anew. I was an alcoholic. A slut. I would go to parties as well to see if I could relate to anyone who felt the same way that I felt." She took a long, drawn-out sigh to calm down and not break down in tears.

She continued, "the reason why I did all these things was so that I could suppress the night terrors I would have at night. Every night I would wake up sweating, screaming, and crying, because of this 'King' figure. Each night, it would become even bigger, and scarier. And it even chased me, and attacked me a few times... But with my own persistence of a better version of myself - I call it good luck - and with you by my side, I think I might have finally overcame it. I will always be afraid, but now, he's kind of like a little gnome, instead of this omnipresent monster I remember." She smiled brightly, looking into your eyes.

Your hand plainly found its way into hers. "Good."

Her head nudged your shoulder, holding the needy pink package in her other hand. "Okay, no more sad shit, let's go return this letter."

You both stepped out of the main double doors and out into the fresh spring air. Katia changed into something more comfortable: a one-piece dress with rose patterns. You wore a light blue tunic and white trousers. On your side, you carried a royal sword, and you wore your crown.

Many of the townsfolk bowed in respect to your presence, and you waved back at them. But the peasants were too humble and paid no mind and continued to work hard to make a simple living, regardless of anyone's status.

Across the street was Quill's home. Katia went ahead and timidly knocked on the door, and the reptile opened the door, and her eyes widened.

"Oh, hey Katia! I-"

Katia showed Quill the package. "Here. As promised, I am back with your package."

Quill was also expecting a book from the place she sent her to, but she could care less after all the strange events that recently happened. Quill placed her hand behind her head. "You know what, Katia, you can keep it. After what I have seen in regards to all these radical changes in your life, I dont even care anymore-"

"Take the damn letter!" Her eyes literally glowed fire, causing her to close her eyes from the heat; an "ow" escaped her mouth.

A flash of fear hit Quill and she quickly grabbed it from her. "Okay, okay!"

***QUEST COMPLETE***

"Ahhh... Thank you, Quill." An enormous wave of relief hit her instantly. Afterwards, an awkward pause ensued.

"So are you going to read it?" She smiled innocently.

"I think it would be something I should read by myself. You completed your mission, that should be good enough, right?"

"Yeah I guess so," she smirked looking down at the ground. Next she opened her arms to prepare for a hugging sequence

Quill sighed and reached out and hugged her. Still clingy as usual, and Quill had to pry her off, as she is still new to hugging.

"I suppose we better get going now. Thank you for everything, Quill. You are one of the best people I ever met."

"Okay. Take care, Kat." Quill smiled and waved before closing the door.

---------------

Turning back to the attention of you and Katia, you asked. "Anything else you can think of we might need to do while we're out?"

Remembering a certain individual who sexually and criminally wronged her on her first and second day in Cyrodiil, she responded. "I think I know a guy that has to go, if you know what I mean... Gharug gro-Upp... He was one of the many who took advantage of me in my life, and now that I have this of certain power, security, and freedom, I think it's time for payback."

"...One sec, I have to contact my soul cairn so I can locate him with my clairvoyance." She said as looked as though she was massaging her head as her eyes closed. Your eyebrows furrowed, not understanding this unusual magic she possessed.

After her discussion with the skeletal beings, as though she was mumbling at thin air, she opened her eyes and regained sobriety to her surroundings. "Follow me," she commanded.

Confused, and mildly worried, you followed her through the town and outside of the city. With your many inventions, one of them were gauntlets that gave you the strength of ten skyscrapers.

You both began to close in on a green figure that appeared to be just on the side of the road at an intersection. Approaching closer, you made out what was seemingly an ogre. 

"This is who fucked you up?"

Katia nodded her head.

Finally you two have came face-to-face with Gharug gro-Upp, the highwayman. "Aha, we meet again, honeybuns. I guess you didn't hear me the first time when I said I was a professional highwayman." His expression shifted when he turned to look at you, to fit a more serious profile. "And who's this fruitcake you brought with you? Well, anyways, you know the rules... Time to get my 'rob on'." (he says he's going to rob you)

"Law breaker, your evil doings of robbery, and terroristic treachery against the new Queen of Earth, you are hereby under arrest. Either surrender peacefully, return your stolen goods to us, or pay with your blood."

Anger filled the heart of this orc, and he drew out his impressive sword. "I didn't want to do this... But I guess I will have to get my kill on." (he says he's going to kill you).

You sighed and drew out your own sword. "I  suppose you don't know who you're dealing with, but I guess you will learn the hard way."

Once he began his swing, you began your swing with obvious speed. Because of the power of the gauntlets, his sword snapped in two, and was sent flying hundreds of feet across the field. His wrist broke, too, from the sudden change in direction and speed in which the handle left his hand.

The big orc yelled in pain and held his broken wrist. As he did so, you quickly placed a hand behind his back and slammed him down on the ground, causing a small shockwave and a crater, leaving only a splatter of blood, since all his organs evaporated, and his bones turned into paste. 

The shockwave also caused Katia to fall backward and let out a yelp. Eventually, though, once she was finished panting from the adrenaline she produced, she was ultimately relieved and satisfied. To imagine a future with you and her only, and no longer worry about that sociopath.