Chapter 32: The King of Cyrodiil

"Ladies, gentlemen, whoever you are," the guard spoke to you and your amassed crowd after he ran towards all of you, breathing heavily, "the King is ready to speak to you right away! Upon his request, I shall guide you and your people to his kingdom hall. Come, follow me."

Aside the simpleton guard was only the King's finest in command, a Knight of the Imperial Dragon. They were magnificent fighting warriors in service to the King's defense. But even them are no match to the awesome strength of Earth's society and knowledge and technology. Especially you, with your scientific gadgets and wit.

All of you were led up to the grand entrance, and the knights, in their golden, glistening, armor, opened the doors. And inside, all of you went.

The line of humanity from Earth expanded inside the throne room, and great mixtures of conflict and excitement clashed with each other in the air.

When you approached the throne of the King himself, the room was drowned in silence. The shiny crown of this King caught the eyes of most people, as his most prominent feature. He was a young King, perhaps at the age of sixteen.

The sight of a ruler being so young made you nervous, so you felt the need to choose your words carefully.

The King chuckled as he sat in a slouched position, his tone pompous. "So, are these the Holy people you were talking about? They hardly even looked clothed."

"Yes, your majesty." The simple guard went to pinch the cloth of your lab coat, but the King was quick to stop him. "Look at what he's wearing-"

With a burst of energy, the King leaped from his sloth and stood on his bare feet, pointing and scolding. "Do not touch our guests like an animal!!! ... You know what, I've had enough of you. You have already annoyed me too much in too short of a timeframe. Knights, take him away! I shall have your head tomorrow afternoon!"

The Knights of different ranks took the guard as he pleaded for mercy, dragging him away as he kicked and wailed. With her hood up, Katia got nervous and held your arm tightly. Since her invisibility cloak worked in her own universe, you jumped at the feeling of pressure in your arm.

"Y/N, it's okay, it's me." She spoke barely above a whisper toward your ear.

The King sighed. "Sorry for all of this. This terrible introduction... Now then, back to this problem. I command to know who you are and where you come from. What is this kingdom you are from that I am unaware of?! I am King Phyr, great ruler of Cyrodiil!"

You displayed a tinge of humility, and bowed your head. "I am President Y/N, usurping ruler of the United States. We approach your kingdom with peace, and respect. We bring you gifts to improve the lives of your people. Your blubbering guard was right, in the fact that we are from another world. A world much better, and more valuable, than here. You are from Skyrim, and we are from Earth. Our world, Earth, does not want to fight you, but only seek alliance with you. I do hope you will understand our words, and make the right choice to improve your kingdom."

You made sure to not use words that say or imply that you are better than them, since these are words of war in the thoughts of a child.

"I see... Let's say we talk more about this over dinner, yeah? There are too many questions I need to ask while your people stand around and weaken their legs." King Phyr stepped down from the platform and got closer to you. "Unlike others, I have manners... Can I feel your wardrobe?"

You were fine with it, and he began to feel your lab coat. "You dress like a peasant, yet you are so impossibly clean. Your clothes don't even have the slightest specs of any mud or 'hard work', and it smells just like my garden. A-all of you do." He eyes the crowd behind you. "Yes, through the blessings of our gods, let's feast! I would love to know more about you."

King Phyr led the way to the grand dining room. The room was enormous and seemed to have had a lot of love and work involved. There was stained glass windows to the right, and some religious artwork on the ceiling.  Though there was not preparations for specifically thousands, but there was enough for maybe a couple hundred seats ready to be taken by anybody. At the end of the room, there was one sear designed for the king. And since you were a VIP now, and a guest, a seat that was identical was brought out, and placed next to the King's seat.

As the few first hundred chosen people sat down at the tables, it would truly classify them to be the First Ones.

The others who did not have a seat would either sit on the floor at the edge of the room, or stand up chatting to one another. The whole event was situation as almost a celebration, or a party. The rest would be either outside of the room, because it was too crowded, or would be outside, eager to hear the news between Y/N and King Phyr.

Katia clanged onto you the entire time as you sat with the King, as you answered all of his questions; what the technology was like in your world, your culture, science, research, architecture, society, everything. Though there might have been moments where you thought you made a mistake in your rhetoric, the King responded very casually and understandingly as he was a bit relaxed and tipsy from the wine. You insisted, even though he was a little intoxicated, to not be afraid, as we are just like them. Humans. But, say, a thousand years more advanced.

The King also pointed out that he could see Katia the entire time, because of a special gem through his crown, he can see every magical deviation or trick. This comes very handy in battle, or uncertain/untrustworthy times among politics. But luckily, he did not mind, and was even more fascinated to find that a being of Skyrim has walked on Earth and survived.

Nonetheless, King Phyr has agreed to make an alliance with the people of Earth.