6: Never Be Like You

What I would do to take away this fear of being loved
Allegiance to the pain

What I would do to take away this fear of being lovedAllegiance to the pain

Jenna

"and we are back with Malika Anderson on Iowa transfer guard Jenna Midow"

"Thanks Kaylee, we are here in no surprise as redshirt junior guard Jenna Midow has decided to transfer to Uconn. Midow was a strong part of Iowa's defense being hand in hand with Caitlin Clark, until a serious knee injury was a cause of Iowas downfall in the final games of the 2023 season. Now Midow acompanys USA teammate Paige Bueakers on a promising Uconn season."

"So you think Marshall has any redemption left in her career ?" The reporter asks.

"If she has drive, i think she could do it, but is Uconn really the program to bring her to her goals?"

"Truly, i believe Geno Auriemmas can do the impossible — but with the strong starters that Uconn has already i'm feeling a bench riding season for Midow."

"I may have to agree— Midow should have transfer to a school where she didn't have —"

Tears rolls down my cheek as I groan throwing my phone to the side before my alarm goes off reminding me i had practice in just an hour and a half.

"FUCK!" I groan silencing it and getting up from my bed.

A knock at my door makes me jump as I quickly whip my tears away, "Hey Jenn, we are leaving in a little i just wanted to make sure— hey are you okay?" Azzi asks worried as she walks into my room closing the door quietly.

I nod silently with my back towards her sniffling slight, "It's just a lot.." I sigh before turning my head towards her, "All the media, the fans, everything... I feel like the laughing stock of college basketball right now."

"Hey no—" Azzi pulls me into a tight hug before putting her hands on my shoulders— "i've watched you play JJ— your one hell of a guard, anyone would've been lucky enough for you to transfer to their program but you chose us. You have no idea what you will do for our line up.." She smiles tucking a peice of hair behind my ear before handing me a bundle of shirts. "While i was in PT today Geno asked me to give these to you— it's all our practice gear. He said your shoes should be in your locker when you get to the gym.." She nods rubbing my shoulder one last time. "You are important and a huge role model to girls watching woman's basketball Jenn, never forget that."

"I really appreciate it Azzi, you really have no idea."

"I think we are gonna be good friends Midow."