22. Foolish One

Foolish one
Stop checkin' your mailbox for confessions of love
That ain't never gonna come
You will take the long way, you will take the long way down

Foolish oneStop checkin' your mailbox for confessions of loveThat ain't never gonna comeYou will take the long way, you will take the long way down

Jenna

"I can absolutely not wear this to a party Mia— where is the rest of the fabric !" I laugh looking at my reflection in the mirror a Mia curls my long hair.

"Let loose at little Jenn, you look hot! and beautiful, i WISH i had your bone structure." She chuckles paying no mind to the way I stared at myself in the mirror.

I look at myself, unable to recognize who I was, not in a bad way but a changed way. the way my hair fell down my back longer than it usually is, I would say it's only long because I have yet to get a haircut but I started to embrace how long it became. Paige told me the longer my hair was the easier it was to spot me in a crowd, so since then I kept it long.

The bags under my eyes, slightly hidden by make up that Mia had done, my freckles covered with concealer and blush. truly I didn't recognize myself I couldn't pinpoint if it was good or bad I was never a girl that cared about my make up and hair. It was always basketball and my friends around me were the same way,  no one cared what we wore or how our Make up looked on the court, only thing that really mattered was if you can make the shot or not.

I would never express to Mia how important she became to me in the few months that I've known her. But I know she feels it, plus Mia wasn't the girl that needed reassurance besides from Nika, she was confident didn't care what people thought of her. I envied her in that way, how she walked around making her own name for herself, rather than being Blake St. James's sister. She was simply Mia. She truly is my first real friend outside of basketball.

I think the one thing I love about Mia is that she never looked at me like some sort of superstar, she never put the pressure on me to make a shot or be perfect at practice. Around Mia, I was able to be perfectly imperfect. Of course I felt that way with Cait — but coming to a new school where no one knows you and you're the new shiny toy, people look, and people definitely watch.

"ALLLL done!" She sings as she unplugs the curling iron only to grab a comb and brush the tight curls she just had done— leaving my hair wavy.

"You do miracle work St. James.." I smile as i fluff my hair slightly trying to make it fall perfectly.

"No my bestfriends just beautiful." She smiles getting down to my level to look at the two of us in the mirror, "we are pretty hot huh?"

"I would definitely say so.." I smile before realizing she's still wearing sweats under her dress, "Are you gonna..."

"Oh course silly, i don't think these sweats would go with heels anyway" She winked walking towards the closet.

"So why are we so dressed up anyway? it's just a house party isn't it?"