28. Favorite Color

We talk through the night, now I can read your mind
Tell me things that you always held secret
And I'll hold 'em close
How could I ever go back to shallow when I know you the deepest?

We talk through the night, now I can read your mindTell me things that you always held secretAnd I'll hold 'em closeHow could I ever go back to shallow when I know you the deepest?

Jenna

"First he wants Paige and I to basically kill eachother on the court and now he wants us to be roommates?" I sigh over the phone to Caitlin as i unpack my things folding them into a drawer.

"He's Geno Jenn, when does anything he does make sense but he always is so successful so you trust him right?"

"I guess but like — pin your two best players against eachother? Who already fought on the court once — now that we are finally friends what he doesn't want us to be friends anymore?"

"Maybe this lesson is more for Paige then you kiddo.."

"what the fuck does that mean? and why do i get the consequences?"

"Listen — who would do anything for you expecially on the court, who knows your game better then anyone else even better then your dad—"

"Don't talk about him..."

"Jenna.."

"I'm serious Caitlin.. I haven't talked to him in months since i transferred —"

"Alright but this isn't the point i'm getting at— who's always been there, who taught you how to shoot stronger from the corners? Who.."

"You?" I sigh collapsing onto my hotel bed looking up at the ceiling..

"Paige Jenn.. Why do you think she knows your game so well..."

"It's because we were the glue and paper to basketball Cait it's no different here and the fact that we are older — we were equally as sloppy as kids, now that we are older we connect on each level of this game, we have the same end goal."

"No Jenn.. it's because she's been your person ever since you two met, she watched you— every damn move you made and you were too blind to see your biggest fan was right next to you on the court..."

"What does this have to do with pinning us against eachother here cait.."

"your avoiding what i just said —"

"No im just asking questions.."

"The point is— you saw how teams broke us apart when they realized when i came up the court my first move was to you— They'd hit you, elbow, push you around like a rag doll in order to get you away from me because you are too dangerous with the ball.. But what would i do when they knocked you down?"

"Cait I still don't understand—"

"what would i do when they knocked you down Jenna?"

"You'd grab my hand and pick me back up? i don't understand are you saying that Paige wouldn't do the same?"