45. I Miss You, Im Sorry

Nothin' happened in the way I wanted
Every corner of this house is haunted
And I know you said that we're not talkin'
But I miss you, I'm sorry

Nothin' happened in the way I wantedEvery corner of this house is hauntedAnd I know you said that we're not talkin'But I miss you, I'm sorry

Jenna

Today was the day.

Today was my first official game back.

Nauseous, was one of many words I was feeling as I walk onto the court at Gamble. One hour early before our call time.

*Flashback November 12, 2023*

Iowa Vs. Uconn
Location: Iowa City

3rd person

"Listen Jake i don't know — these are two highly competitive teams we are looking at never yet to have a mash up like this... But the real question is, can Uconn beat Iowa with Paige Bueckers, these two teams haven't seen eachother since 2020."

"I don't Marty— Iowas got all the aspects here despite being down by 10 here in the half, Jenna Midow and Caitlin Clark leading one behind the other with 15 points each with Kate Martin leading not far behind with 12. These three are unstoppable,"

——

Jenna

I fix my jersey as i let out a shaky breath before walking back towards the middle of the court.

10 points.

i kept repeating to myself before my eyes caught the blue eyes of Paige Bueckers who sat on the Uconn bench...

Those eyes.

I haven't seen them in a while..

I shake my head breaking my thoughts as I jog back onto the court bumping my shoulder softly with Caits.

"Hey number 10. Quick and aggressive" Caitlin mouths nodding towards the focused opposing guard who i would be guarding,

Nika Muhl.

The whistle blows as jump ball begins, Caitlin catches the ball and quickly hustle down the court, I sprit to the outside corner in front of the Uconn bench before Caitlin swiftly passes the ball, with Nika hot on my tail I goes for a 3 quickly, the swish of the net causes the area breaks out in cheers.

"Nice shot." I could hear Paige mutter as I run towards the opposite end of the court.

3rd Person

20 Seconds. Iowas last possession.

"CLARK!" Jenna shouts from half court as she dribbles the ball, looking towards Caitlin and Kate they are both being guarded heavy.