40. What Can I do

So what can I do?
So you feel it too?
'Cause I just wanna say it but I'm scared if I do
You weren't looking at me the way I look at you

So what can I do?So you feel it too?'Cause I just wanna say it but I'm scared if I doYou weren't looking at me the way I look at you

Jenna

My mouth falls open as I run toward the two figures in shock, immediately throwing my arms around Caitlin's neck as I cry into her shoulder.

"W-what h-how.." I shake my head in disbelief, "You- were just- How!" I smile, pulling her back into a bone-crushing hug to convince myself she was real.

"Well Pa–."

"It was all her—" Paige smiles before nodding to Caitlin, "she called me up and I told her it was a great idea..."

"Paige no—" Caitlin starts,

"I should really get going before Azzi kills me because i still haven't done part of our project," She gives a tight lipped smile making my face drop in confusion as i reach to grab her hand but she pulls away from me quickly before giving Kate and Caitlin a friendly hug.

"Paige.."

"It's okay— i'll see you at home," she nods, "It's really good to see you guys," She smiles before walking out of the gym.

"Was that weird or was it just me?" Kate chuckles taking a step towards me before pulling me into a hug. It's like nothing changed, except her hair was longer, her shoulders were a bit broader and her eyes much softer from that last time i looked into them.

"Hey Freshmen.." She whispers squeezing my waist softly as i burry my head into her neck, "I never thought i'd miss my favorite pain in the ass.." She chuckles as Caitlin throws her arms around the both of us.

"I LOVE THIS!" Caitlin chuckles squeezing the both of us, "I hate to break this up but JJ i'm starving, airplane peanuts can only take this girl so far.." Caitlin smiles patting her stomach.

I chuckle pulling away from Kate as her arm still lingers around my waste, "well good thing i know a perfect place for us to eat!" I smile, "Let me change first! Do you guys wanna see the locker room?"

"YOOO— Yes!" Caitlin giggles like a school girl as i lead them to it.

"It's not much, but it's home!" I smile opening the door as i make my way to my locker ignoring the huff from Kate.

I knew me saying that this was my new home was a stab in the heart to Kate.

"Jenna i'm going to explore the hallway really quick!" Caitlin smiles wanting to read the Uconn record walls in the hallway as i slip my practice shirt off and my hoodie over my head.

"So 6 huh?" Kate smirks looking up at my name and number engraved into my locker as i change out of my shorts only to throw Paige's sweatpants on.

I shrug looking up at my name, "I think it fits— something different, a whole new meaning to things.."