34. Stupid Love

That stupid love
Just when I thought that I kicked that habit
You work a little midnight magic
And there I go again
Falling back in that stupid love

That stupid loveJust when I thought that I kicked that habitYou work a little midnight magicAnd there I go againFalling back in that stupid love

3rd person

"And it looks like to me that Midow will not check back into the game Pat— nor arrive back to the court at the end of the fourth—"

"Such a shame, a hard fought game lost in the last quarter for Uconn— and may I say, Paige Bueckers looked lost out there without her partner in crime. Let's hope Geno is just playing it safe rather then sorry, we know this isn't the start Midow wanted, let's hope it's nothing then a small head bump rather the something serious John. With Midow doing so well with numbers along with Paige— it was seeming to look like Uconn could have an undefeated season if they stay healthy!"

The reported nod looking at the drastic numbers Jenna and Paige had already put together in their handful of games, "It looks like Paige Bueckers had rushed off the court the minute the buzzer rang if i saw that correctly."

"Paige Bueckers is nothing less then a great teammate Pat, being the first one there when Midow was down — the media is already on top of these two as it is. We all knew the minute the game ended Bueckers had no one else in mind besides Midow.."

Paige

Paige

Sweat drips down my forehead as dodge reporters and cameras and fans before I grab our athletic trainers arm softly pulling her into the tunnel, "Where— how is she's?" I panic.

"Paige she's okay, just a little bump on the head and a split lip— no concussion detected but we are going to test again tomorrow, but to play it safe for now, we are going to have her sit for the next game.."

"Y-you can't — she will be miserable.."

"We already talked to her about this Paige, she's very understanding," Our trainer nods reassuringly as she puts a hand on my shoulder, "she's very lucky — she's in the locker room if you want to see her."

I nod swiftly before jogging to the locker room opening the door quietly as the brunette is, to no suprise to me, watching her game play before she got hurt.

"You know— if you wanted your bottom lip to be a little bigger you could have just gotten fillers..." I chuckle softly taking her airpod out of her ear as her glossy eyes looked into mine, breaking my heart once more.

"Not funny P.." She says bluntly as she locks her phone.

"Come here.." I whisper softly as i lean against the wall.

"What—"

"Come here.." I say more sternly — more orderly making her get up and immediately crash into my chest, her tears already rolling down her cheeks.

"Don't even scare the shit out of me like that again..."

"I was so scared..." She whispers into my jersey as i rub her back softly chuckling softly as I recognize that she was wearing my sweatshirt rather than hers.

"Hey i know, but everything okay now.." I pull away from her before my fingers lace under her chin to meet her green eyes, "it's just one game and its pre season, i'd rather you get better then force yourself when your hurt." I knew i was right, and so did she, it was pre season, these games barely mattered, but i knew to her, every time she stepped on the court, she wanted to play like it was her last.

Jenna nodded in acknowledgement before pulling be back into a hug as I drew patterns on her back and debated whether or not to bring up everything. I was no stranger to the fact that this whole week we had been dancing around each other. But i knew right now— she didn't want to talk, she just needed me..

She sniffles looking up at me as she giggles softly making me shake my head, "what could you possibly be laughing at?"

"The fact that you air balled — twice.." She smiles before patting my shoulder, "you know P, if you needed me out there to make your threes you should have just told me rather then showed it— not very Player of the Year of you......"

I throw my head back laughing, "oh now i think you definitely hit your head a little to hard, i think your going delusional sweetheart."

"I think that bump finally helped me figuring out something's ..." She says softly as she raises her hand to touch my cheek rubbing it softly with the pad of her thumb..

"Jenna —"

"I promise it's not the meds talking.."

"Damn girl what they give you the heavy stuff?" I chuckle tucking a peice of hair behind her ear as she smiles up at me.

"oh definitely— everything in the book P..." She chuckles.

God that smile.

"You are the toughest person i know Midow.."

"Takes one to know one.."

"Jenna.."

Jenna's eyes glistened with tears, "I'm scared P."

"It's one game JJ..."

"I wasn't talking about basketball P..."

"it's us Jenna, nothing falls short of us..." I tighten my grip softly on her waist with my free hand as I pull her chin up to mine as my eyes flicker to her lips quickly hoping she wouldn't notice.

But she did.

Smiling softly, she gets on her tippy toes as I pull her closer to me i could smell her vanilla perfume that made my stomach swirl with butterflies.

"GUYS GENO— OH FUCK—"

A voice makes us pull apart quickly and before we knew it Jenna and I were standing on opposite sides of the room as KK bust through the door...

"Um— geno— post game interview... i— i think i'm gonna— Yeah..." KK mumbles looking between us as i scratch the back of my neck awkwardly..

"I should..." I chuckle looking towards Jenna as i point towards the door..

"y-yeah.." She blushes looking down at her hands before sitting back down at her locked chuckling to herself softly.

Leave it to KK to bust into a room when I'm about to kiss the girl of my dreams...