36. The Man Who Can't Be Moved

I know it makes no sense but what else can I do?
And how can I move on when I'm still in love with you?

I know it makes no sense but what else can I do?And how can I move on when I'm still in love with you?

Jenna

I collapse on my bed exhusted, i couldn't tell if it was from the time changes in Europe or the fact that i'm not used to playing this many games in a week since my injury. although I miss the exhaustion, the drive, the power you feel when a sport you love takes up your entire life especially when it's the moment when you can enjoy every part of it. I forgot how much I missed this sport, after getting injured, and sitting the bench for the rest of the season at Iowa I was worried that my love for the game would diminish but out here playing with people that I love it only grew stronger. It showed me how much I really did miss being on that court.

I'm being honest with myself how much I miss being on that court with Paige, it was no matter what was going on in our lives. The minute we stepped on the court. It was something different. That connection was always still there.

I clear my throat softly as paige walks into the room, looking up for my phone to give her a small smile not forgetting the moment we had yesterday , we had yet to talk about it, or even talk in general. It was like a weird silence better the two of us that we haven't gotten used to, and may never will. I'm sure neither of us knew what to say. It's almost like we were beating around the bush too hard, chasing each other like kids that can't keep up with each other.

"hi" look at her as she throws her bag on into the bed.

" hey" she gives me a soft smile, making me chuckle as she throws some stuff into her travel bag.

"hi.." I blush softly sitting up from my bed to face her.

"hey.." she chuckles as she looks down at her her hands picking at her nails, something she does when she's nervous. It looks like we are in the same boat just didn't know what to say. if someone was watching the two of us they'd probably be screaming at us telling us to just say what we really wanted to say.

"h-" I started before paige shakes her head, " what's wrong P don't like the hey game?"

"If all we're gonna say is hello to each other I'd rather just stay silent" she chuckles joking, " you're such a pain in my ass you know that"

I nod smiling, knowing she was joking with me to get on my nerves, trying to make me talk before she could break a silence that we didn't know we both had between each other , " If I'm a pain in the ass. What are you? "

" how do you always have the best comebacks?"

" you know we have been best friends for years right? you're literally the queen of sassy comebacks.."

" I'm not Midow.."

" oh, and that's why Coach calls you paige Kardashian?"

Paige chuckles before folding a pair of pants and putting it back into her bag, I get up cautiously, walking to my packed bag, picking up her folded sweatshirt I had borrowed before handing it to her.