20. Self Righteous

Quick to admit it when I'm wrong
Instead I was leading you on
Now it's fuck me and leave you alone
Come love me, I need you at home

*tw: anxiety attack*

Paige

The court surrounds me as it's just blake and I, the only person in the crowd is Jenna.

what the fuck.

"What is this?"

"Your down fall Bueckers." He smirks as i look down and i'm in slides as he's dressed in a UCONN basketball uniform.

I look towards the crowd as Jenna sits quietly, typing on her computer paying no attention to the court.

"Hurry up — 3 mins and i'm up by 20 — looks like she's mine." He smirks before crossing me up as i try and swat the ball from him before he dunks easily behind me.

I felt stuck — glued to the floor as my feet don't move, my body going in slow motion as i watch Blake run up to the bleachers and kiss Jenna.

what.

where was i.

no.

"Jenna! No!"  i try to scream but nothing came out.

I wish I could do anything kick, scream, cry, but I couldn't. I could just stare watching them kiss.

"Too late Paige — you made your choice and i'm making mine.." She chuckles softly leaning her head on Blake's chest.

"But us— we—"

"We were nothing Paige, like you said a mistake. I found someone who loves me and isn't embarrassed by it." She smiles leaning up to kiss Blake.

"Time to turn in your jersey kid." Geno crosses his arms across his chest as i look down now wearing my Uconn uniform.

The crowd now is filled with fans — uconn students who i once seen always wearing my jersey now wearing St. James on their back — chating for the boy.

I turn to see the crowd rush towards Blake as he held the NCAA MVP award in his hands.

They chanted his name.

His legacy— that was once mine.

"You're such a wash up" Azzi shakes her head at me before running towards the crowd along with the whole team.

"That loss is on you Bueckers! God you always FUCK UP!" Geno yells.

I felt emotion build up in my chest as i want to scream but i cant.

But then i wake up.

"Fuck!" I scream throwing my pillow across the room as Azzi runs in out of breath.