42. Almost is Never Enough

almost is never enough
So close to being in love
If I would have known that you wanted me
The way I wanted you

almost is never enoughSo close to being in loveIf I would have known that you wanted meThe way I wanted you

Jenna

"And then Cait slammed the door on my fucking foot!" I laugh telling a story from freshmen year when Caitlin ran out of our dorm room because of a spider as an eat another fry from Kate's plate.

"Get your own!" Kate slaps my hand playful as Caitlin sneaks and takes another one off her plate.

"And you're not going to slap her?" I gasp as Kate shakes her head, "she's my teammate — i slap her then i get it on the court, you— we don't play together anymore so ain't no way."

I clench my jaw shaking my head trying to pretend like Kate's comment didn't stab me in a wound that was barely healed.

"So —" Caitlin starts as she turns to me, "any party's tonight?"

"Umm..." I look thought my phone before shaking my head, "A few..." Caitlin smirks rasing her eyebrows, "Cait no—"

"Why!"

"I have my first ever official game in a day, and I can barely get my three shot to look like i actually belong here.  the last thing i need is to get wasted."

"Maybe that's what you need Midow.." Kate smirks eating a fry as she looks at me.

"And why is that Martin?"

"Your so—" She grabs my shoulders, "Tense, maybe that's why you can't get a shot up— when was the last time you let loose and forgot all about... well everything?"

"Real athletes don't drink Kate.."

"Who said? because if that's so then fuck— i'm a fake.." Kate laughed.

"Yeah me too!" Caitlin smiles, "cmon Jenn, we came here for a great time! Not to sit in your dorm room, there has to be a bar that has a party tonight— we are literally in the basketball city two days before your first basketball game.."

"Well the girls were —"

"I'm sold!" Kate hits the table before getting up, "anyone want more fries?"

"Me!"

"Me too!" Caitlin chimes in as Kate walks away.

"I'm going to kill you-" My smile drops as i look towards Caitlin as she puts her hands up in defense.

"Don't act like you didn't wanna see her— you guys haven't talked in months! She misses you."

I nod, "Okay, but what does she expect me to say? She didn't say goodbye, she barely was okay with me even leaving!"

"She's grown a lot Jenna... she really just misses her bestfriend now, whatever happened between you two — it's in the past, plus i told her you have your eye on ... someone else.."