30. Ceilings

But it's not real
And you don't exist
And I can't recall the last time I was kissed

But it's not realAnd you don't existAnd I can't recall the last time I was kissed

Paige

There were many things I wanted to do in Croatia, but crying in my best Friend hotel room is definitely not one of them.

"I just don't fucking get it — her. After everything i've done.. " I cried as I wiped the tears for my face, staining my lips over with a salty coating, I hate crying. I always found it as a form of weakness rather than coping, it was no other than just standing in the rain. There was no difference — my cheek still felt the same and flustered as anger filtered through my body more than usual.

"What exactly have you done Paige? Be a good friend? Got her a necklace?" Azzi sighs as i lay on her hotel bed refusing to go back to mine, "Look.. P, your my best friend and you know I'm with you 100% of any way you decide to take your route— but you have yet to tell Jenna how you feel not to mention have yet to admit it to yourself; you can't be mad at her if she decided to stay with Blake, which quite frankly i don't think that's the case here.."

"I -"

"I'm still talking — then you can talk.." I groan sitting up on the bed to face her, "I can't make excuses for Jenna, but you know Blake— you know the mind games, have you even put into consideration that maybe Jenna herself doesn't even want him here?"

"No! But why would he be here if she didn't? Why would he take the flight to—"

"I know the deal you two made."

"What?"

"Blake admitted it— the night we went to go look for Jenna, he admitted this was all practically a game to him, to run you down to your limits.."

"i-"

"You're so stupid Paige! All this over Jenna? Your career? You know how pissed off — or even upset she will be! Not the fact that you practically could throw everything away for her but the fact that you look just as bad as Blake in this situation?"

"How? Azz I-"

"Paige, put yourself in Jenna's shoes — you're playing the game just as much as he is! She's a game prize and you two are the fucking game makers!"

"I didn't even think of it that way.."

"Of course you didn't! Because your pride got ahead of both of you!"

"He made the stupid deal!"

"And you shouldn't have fucking agreed Paige! Look i know you could be a dumb blonde sometimes but there's no denying that you and Jenna have something so special that is so obvious to everyone else but you two!"

"Okay but what if —"

"there's no what ifs Paige!"

"I can't believe I yelled at her like that— i've never.."