18. We Are Not Alike

I got a lack of good judgment
Judging by the fact I got close to you
Time should heal, but it doesn't
Or maybe 'cause you still haven't told the truth

I got a lack of good judgmentJudging by the fact I got close to youTime should heal, but it doesn'tOr maybe 'cause you still haven't told the truth

Paige

"Paige.. Can I ask you something?" Azzi whispers knocking softly on my door as i take my airpod out.

"wassup?" I sit up in my bed pushing my laptop and homework to the side to look at Azzi.

"when was the last time you slept with someone.."

My eyes widen in confusion as i push myself up to look at the girl clearly, my glasses sliding slightly down the bridge of my nose.

"Woah— Azzi look i'm flattered.. but you.."

"PAIGE EW NO!" Azzi groans in disgust pushing my shoulder away making me chuckle.

"aye i don't know girls be wild these fucking days! One minute they are trying to kiss me and the next they are all over a washed up boy from Florida, who may i add had a horrible free throw advantage — who the fuck knows.."

"I love how i don't need to mention Jenna for you to just bring her up in conversation."

"I never said her name."

"You didn't have to idiot."

"Now i'm an idiot— wait why the hell.."

"Answer the question!"

"I don't fucking know— here let me take out my fuck diary real quick.."

"Why don't you hit up a sneaky link?"

I looked down at the bedding, suddenly finding a piece of lint very interesting. "Uh, I kinda don't have a roster right now."

Azzi's eyes widened, "What? You?"

"Aight, chill on me! I just haven't had a lot of time. Basketball takes most of my time! I'm trying to focus!"

"Focus? or stuck on one girl"

"You know what—"

"ANSWER!"

"Probably, January or February, why?"

"You haven't slept with anyone in almost five months?! You? Miss hot shot D1 with a different girl in her bed every night haven't had anyone else in your bed since the beginning of the year?" Azzi laughed, "you know what's odd.."

"what now Azzi.."

"Beginning of the year... it lines perfectly up when Jenna transferred.."

"I honestly have no idea what you're talking about — It has nothing to do with Jenna.. I can't be not interested in someone?"

"Hm.." Azzi smirks before scrolling through her phone before showing me a picture of a random brunette, "Remember her?"

"Kennedy Langston? Softball.. Last year. Halloween.."