37. State of Grace

So you were never a saint
And I've loved in shades of wrong
We learn to live with the pain
Mosaic broken hearts
But this love is brave and wild

Paige

Caitlin Clark

Caitlin Clark

What's your ETA?

I should be there
around 3:30...

perfect, she gets out of class
at 2. You turned your location
off right?

yeah, she almost caught
me though , called me right
as i was about to board

fuck, how'd you play it off?

told her i was picking
up Gabbie's friend😂😂

🤔and she believed you?

she was on her way to class

late ofc

so she was rushing

didn't pay no mind to it

I hope you don't mind,
i brought someone along w
me.

Don't mind at all, as long as
it makes her happy.
Azzi should be at the
airport to scoop u, red honda, just
shoot her a text when you land

cool, getting on our next
flight now, txt when i land

"So that's it? you two decided being friends was the best thing for the both of you?" Azzi whispers across from me in the library as I try my best to focus on my homework before looking up at the curly haired girl through my glasses.

It's been a week since we've gotten back from our Europe trip, and I would like to say things have gotten back to normal but truly they just feel weird but I have to bite my tongue because at the end of the day, it was my decision. I haven't seen Jenna much just because we've been swamped in homework and classes and practice. I only really see her when we go home at night and that's a big maybe because she's usually sleeping by 9 o'clock.

Honestly, weird is the bad word to explain it I couldn't put a finger on what I felt or how I felt. I knew when I was on the court with Jenna things felt like us again, but once we leave the gym, it just feels like we've never been more separated.

I knew she was stressed. By the way she cramped her homework, was late to class, and barely got sleep. I heard the way she would talk to Cait over the phone, the way she mourned her, missed her so much I knew I had to do something about it so inviting Caitlin, and buying her a ticket for the weekend so she can see Jenna's first game official game back was definitely a must do.