38. The Way I Loved You

I miss screaming and fighting and kissing in the rain
It's 2 a.m. and I'm cursing your name
I'm so in love that I acted insane
And that's the way I loved you

Jenna

music fills my ears as the basketball grazes my finger tips quickly before my touch begs for more as i shoot the ball. miss.

next ball. miss.

sprint.

next ball. miss.

sprint.

next ball. miss.

I groan as I reset myself whipping the sweat from my forehead, before setting myself up at the three point line.

First ball. miss.

sprit.

second ball. miss.

sprit.

third ball. miss.

I felt my bottom lip tuck under my front teeth as tears rim my eyes.

No Jenna.

Next ball. made.

Sprint.

Next ball. made.

Sprint.

Next all. Miss.

"FUCK!" I scream tossing the ball into the other side of the court only for it to be stopped by a set of hands. I roll my eyes and shake my head.

"You know that's no way to treat a basketball Midow" The blonds voice fills the empty gym as i take off my headphones.

"No— Paige this is embarrassing— get out." I turn back to shoot another ball. miss.

I felt her presence close the distance between us, making my heart rate rise.

"Funny, who was the one who invited me here in the first place?"

Shoot. Miss.

Shoot. Miss.

"Jesus CHRIST!" I scream pausing the rebound machine as i run my hands over my already messy pony tail as i sit down at the three point line looking up at the hoop.

"Who are you?" Paige chuckles bumping my shoulder with hers softly before taking a seat next to me.

"I don't even know anymore..." I shake my head, "it's like my shot got fucked the minute my knee did"

"Now that's no way to talk about yourself like that JJ, your having a shit day— so be it! Your not even suppose to be shooting today anyway, hence the meaning of off day..."

I chuckled softly as i look over at her.

"What? You don't think i have off days?"

"It's hard for you not too—"

"Your a much better shooter then i will ever be from the corners, cmon."

"Don't even start with me — you have the best shot in the game right now besides Caitlin... if i shoot like this on saturday the headlines will go fucking crazy on my name — our teams name..."

"And say what? how your suppose to be on the bench?"

"Bingo..."

"The last person that should be on the bench is your Jenna. Anyways— when did you ever pay attention to that headline shit anyways."