32. Messier

You're the only one
Who can boil my blood
And make that shit cut
'Cause you know that I'm always yours

You're the only oneWho can boil my bloodAnd make that shit cut'Cause you know that I'm always yours

Jenna

"Hey Nika can i borrow that white top if your not wearing it?" I sigh taking off the black shirt i originally had on as Nika tosses me the top.

"All yours!" Nika smiles as she finishes her make up, "So are you planning on rotting here until we leave or are you gonna end up going back to your room and talking to Paige?"

I sigh shaking my head as i fix my outfit in the mirror before turning to Nika, "i-i have nothing to say to Paige — maybe i would consider talking to her if she didn't jump ship so fast when Blake showed up but-"

"Jenna she was jealous, your telling me you wouldn't do the same if one of Paige's fan hoes showed up with flowers?"

"well i mean i wouldn't jump her ass about it..."

"Jenna.."

"I don't even understand why she's jealous!" I groan as i collapse on her bed making Nika chuckle.

"Why wouldn't she jenn? Your — you. Paige has been pinning after you since what you guys were 15? Just because you convinced yourself she's not into you anymore doesn't mean it's true JJ.."

I roll my eyes sighing as Nika walks over to me, putting her hand on my shoulder to face her, "Here" She smiles putting some lip gloss on me. "You, Jenna Midow, are one of the smartest people i know, don't be stupid letting someone you love go because it's for the better..." She smiles putting a hand softly on my cheek.

"I'm not sure what you're talking about.."

"Jenna.. cmon, Paige isn't the best person sometimes, she jumps to conclusions— she sometimes acts like a child, but she's amazing, sweet, passionate, beautiful— admit it JJ, you are head over heals for the blonde super star, you love her— you love 21 year old her just as much as you loved 15 year old her, maybe even more— she's your person, and you are hers. Thats why she got jealous... but.." Nika pulls my chin up to look her in the eyes, "you already knew that, you just are having a hard time convincing yourself it's true.."

I let out a shaky breath nodding, a small tear rolls down my face as Nika reaches her thumb up to whip it softly, "I shouldn't cry— or i'll have to redo my make up." I chuckle, hiccuping making Nika giggle.

"You look beautiful— but we should get going before the team leaves without us.." She smiles grabbing her bag throwing it over her shoulder as I look at myself one more time in the mirror, "I'm so borrowing those pants one day— i love green on you!" Nika giggles grabbing my hand pulling me out of the door.

I smile as Nika and I walk down to the lobby where our team is suppose to meet, I link my arm with hers nervously as a familiar blonde comes to vision. Keeping my head down, Nika nudges me softly, "I'm starting to think you two share a brain cell.." She whispers as i look up, turns out Paige and I do, as we wore very similar outfits but in our own style, "Last time i checked green pants aren't that in style.." Nika chuckles making me roll my eyes.

"But then Paige and Nika came around the corner scaring the crap out of me! As freshmen! They swore i didn't recognize them!" Geno chuckles raising the glass of wine pointing it towards the blonde and Nika making the table laugh.

"Oh but he did, the next day we —" Paige started,

"HE MADE US RUN SPRINTS FOR A PRANK!" Nika chuckles shaking her head as Paige raises her head to meet my eyes. Even from across the table the only eyes I couldn't possibly stop watching were hers.

"I'm going to use the bathroom.." I whisper to Azzi as she nods.

"You better hurry back or i'm eating your desert!" She smiles bumping my shoulder softly.

"If i'm not back in 5 mins — send search and rescue, but if you do eat my desert, i will haunt you in my spirits.." I smile getting up from the chair to walk towards the woman's room.

Letting out a sigh I look at my reflection on the mirror before raising my hand to play with the star necklace I couldn't bring myself to take off. I smile softly having a moment with myself, "if you ever forget who you are, just look down at that..." Paige's voice goes through my head making me chuckle, what did i do...

I shake my head as my thoughts begin to cloud. Walking out of the door I walk into a hard chest.

"Oh shi— Coach, I'm so sorry!" I chuckle patting his shoulder making him laugh along with me as i begin to walk away from him but his voice stops me.

"Midow." I turn swiftly on my heels to face him.

"What's up coach?"

"I want you to know no matter what the media said before you came here, I wanted you before you even entered the portal.."

"i- coach—"

"Your coach called me the minute she knew you needed someone — some place, to call your new home.."

"She did?"

"Absolutely— and you know what i found funny.." He chuckles putting a hand on my shoulder, "that someone wasn't me— well it was but not the first person she mentioned.."

Confusion clustered on my face and i knew he noticed that as he continued, "She told me, that if anyone can get you back to the player you were— the person you were, it would be Paige.."

"why- i—"

"at first I was confused as well because I didn't understand what the difference between paige and Clark was until I watch the film of you two playing together when you were younger. Then I agreed, especially with Paige finally coming back from her ACL surgery just like you, we thought that maybe if we brought two of the best gifts to woman's basketball back together, you two would discover more then we knew.."

"i—"

" that day I called paige in, to see your opinions on it I may have lied a little bit telling her that maybe she'd sit the bench if you came here... what surprised me the most was even after I said that, even if she knew it was a lie, she still encouraged me that you would be the best for this program, even more than her..."

"Coach i'm not sure where you're going with this.."

"I didn't separate you two because it's what i thought was best— i separated you two because i needed you — wanted you two to realize how much you two needed eachother.."

"Is this still about basketball Coach?"

"That's for you to figure out kiddo.." He smiles, "Listen, no one gets on my nerves as much as Paige, and i know you feel the same way.." I chuckle at his commmet shaking my head, "But you two— are something special not just to basketball, but eachother..."

"Thank you coach.." I smile making him nod.

"Now— the wine is catching up to me and i think Azzi ate your ice cream, so i think you should get back out there..."

I laugh nodding, "your right coach.. thank you." As we separate i walk back towards the table cleaning my throat softly as I sit down making eye contact with those same icy blue eyes i could never get out of my head.