24. Forever

I won't be alone for the rest of my life
I'll build a boat for when the river gets high

I won't be alone for the rest of my lifeI'll build a boat for when the river gets high

Jenna

"P... how what?"

"Jenna just get in the car" Paige said sternly as she unlocks the doors.

But I couldn't move, my body felt frozen as it shivered hard, my teeth chattering as i couldn't tell the difference between my tears and the water that dropped from my hair onto my face.

"Hey — no.." Paige sighs getting out of her car before walking towards me.

"what are you doing— your going to get soaked." i cried as her arms wrap about my small frame.

"Shh, come here." She whispers as i place my head on her chest, we were hugging in the rain.

As soon as her scent hit my senses tears uncontrollably fall from my eyes as I grip her tighter to me, scared to let go because if i did i felt like she'd disappear. Her hands lace in my hair perfectly despite the knocks and kinks that tangled it together.

"why don't we get you home huh?"

"please..." I nod as she kisses my head softly before she pulls away from me, the cold air hitting my skin again as her heat pulls from me.

"Here—" Paige says softly as she opens her car door and handing me a random sweatshirt she had sitting in her back seat, "the seat warmers on, feel free to try and get out of that top so you don't get sick, home is about 15 minutes from here and i don't think you'd wanna sit in wet clothes.." She chuckles softly as she closes the door as i get it before quickly getting back into the drivers seat.

I clear my throat as I quietly unbutton the soaked cloth reveling myself in only a bra as i quickly throw Paige's sweatshirt on me. I pull my knees to my chest before a soft hand makes me jump slightly.

"Hey it's just me..." Paige whispers breaking through the silence of the car, "i'm here."

"how did you find me?"

Paige chuckles, " i can't give myself all the credit — your lucky Caitlin still has your airtag location or id be out here all night looking for you"

"You'd keep looking if you didn't have my location?"

Paige stops at a red light before looking towards me, our eyes glued to eachother.

"I'd never stop looking for you Jenna Midow."

That wasn't just about tonight.

Breath hitches in my throat as Paige gives my knee a soft squeeze, i felt myself lean in slightly and before i knew it so was she.

A green haze covers her face as we pull away quickly, "i-um- a-are you warm enough?" Paige removes her hand to turn of the heat as I mumble nodding before leaning my head on the window.