𝟢𝟢𝟫,𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"Lyndonnn

"Lyndonnn."

"We're not here to get high, Lelia. Where did you even get those damn drugs?"

"I apparently had some left in my pocket," I say, and then giggle. "Want some? Just enough for one person."

He nods. I hands him a little plastic bag, filled with powder. He opens it— then tosses the powder onto the ground. As I stare at him with wide eyes, he uses his foot to mix it with dirt. "Thanks."

"That cost me money, you idiot! I could've selled it! That was all I had left from him!"

"We're not here to take freaking drugs," he grits out. "Also, who's him?"

"Just a random guy I bought this from," I say quickly. Lyndon does not need to know. He doesn't have to worry, get himself in trouble, or even know the slightest information about this.

"Tell me his name."

"No. I don't even know his name—"

"Where does he live?"

"Lyndon—"

"Lelia." He runs a frustrated hand down his face. "Look, I understand you want this summer to be fun. I get that you want to spend your last weeks before you turn eighteen like this, and before you become a lawyer or whatever else your smart ass brain is gonna make you become, but taking drugs is not an option."

"I'm not addicted to it or anything."

"More than half of the people who take drugs do end up getting addicted to it."

My eyebrows furrow. "I'm able to take care of things."

His eyebrows fly up.

"And myself."

And he tilts his head to the side.

"And I won't take any more drugs now that you've destroyed them anyways!" I add, frustrated. "Can we just go back? I've got to sport."

"It's two PM. You're too late."

With a grunt, I kick a stone into the distance, then follow Lyndon in silence, arms crossed.

"What things did you complete? From the list?"

"What do you think?" I snap, as if he can't see the color change in my hair.