𝟢𝟦𝟪,𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩

"I'm sorry," I mutter, lifting my head off Newt's shoulder once I awake

Hot, red embarrassment flushes my cheeks. I scoot away as far as possible, then both realize that's quite rude and there will eventually come an end to the tree trunk, so I scoot back again.

But he laughs. No— of course he laughs. There's no but. I somehow keep forgetting this is Newt and not... I don't even know. He won't ever mind.

Yet I'm still embarrassed. I can't blame it on the fact that I might've gotten Newt uncomfortable, because by now, as I said, I know he won't mind. It's the liking and touching him that makes me feel like this.

"It's okay, Lynn. Don't worry," he says. "I didn't want to wake you up. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable." The smile stays on his lips. "You're just on time, though. The rest was just about to leave."

"Correction," Thomas jumps in front of my vision, "I had to wake him up, because yeah, he also fell asleep. It was kind of cute, not going to lie. Snuggled together and all—"

Newt gives Thomas a slap. The sound of it echoes so hard that I'm sure that hurt. "Shut it, Tommy."

He holds up his hands. "Have to tease someone when Minho isn't around."

"Correction," Newt mimics, "Minho teases you. You'd get ended if you try to tease him properly."

"Okay, you've got a point. But Lelia can piss him off. And she's a great friend of mine. Means we're kind of connected. So technically, I can piss him off. And so can Lyndon."

I pull a face. No, I freaking can't.

"That is not logical," Newt tells the brunette. "Might as well say I have impact on Gally because his bloody eyebrows are as straight as I am."

"I'm sure you have awesome impact on Gally," Thomas promises sweetly. "Oh, and Lyndon. You don't even need Lelia to piss Minho off."

My frown deepens.

"You pissed him off that time he pulled you away from the cafeteria. He told me."

Our conversation was in fact about Lelia, so I do think she plays a role in it.

"I don't think I can take that as a compliment, Thomas," I say.

His face drowns in pain— I think Newt's hits might've been replaced with kicks, and he kicked Thomas there. "You should," he manages. "Great achievement."

"No, it's not," Newt interferes. "It's quite easy to piss him off. Don't worry, Lynn. Tommy is drunk anyways."

"For sure. But drunk words are sober—"

"Shut. Up," Newt hisses. "Bloody hell. What if I tell you you've managed to piss Teresa, a super kind girl, off?"

Before Thomas can reply, I do. "I don't see Minho the way Thomas sees Teresa. Not a good comparison."