𝟢𝟥𝟪,𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐥𝐞

Girls are so confusing

First, she's kissing me, then she seems to regret the whole thing, which is kinda painful.

And then my mother gives me a whole talk about I don't even know what.

And then we're being brought back to the camp in an awkward silence. Lelia did spend the night, but on the couch. And I swear I offered the bed, but she was... slightly pissed and refused to take it.

I think I even made her more pissed. Why? No idea.

Anyway— we immediately make our way to the cafeteria in more silence, and see Lyndon and Newt already there.

I thought they were staying at Newt's 'till Wednesday.

So I tell them exactly that.

"We were too curious about that Snap," Newt says. "We need to know what the hell happened and—"

"Really thought you'd leave the begging for Lyndon," I mutter, pulling the boy off the bench as I do so. "Come on. You are going to explain to me why," I lean closer so Lelia won't hear, "your sister is acting this insane, and I am gonna make sure Newt's wishes get fulfilled before he buries himself alive."

"I'm sorry— what..?" Lyndon tries, but I'm already pulling him further away from the table, to the Tower, below the burning sun.

"Oh God—" he then says. "Can we go somewhere else than up there?"

With a sigh, I turn us toward two swings beside the Homestead. Sit him down, then sit down on a swing myself. I'm too impatient. "Okay, please help me out."

"Explain that Snap first—"

"That was a prank."

"You didn't do anything with my sister?"

"Well, we kissed, but—"

"You what?"

"No, we didn't, not really—"

Some kind of relief relaxes his face.

"...I'd rather call it making out."

The relief drops, just like his jaw.

"I'm sorry!" I peep, then frown. What the hell? "I'm not, never mind."

As if Lyndon would hurt me or anyone in the world else in the world (on purpose).

"You made out with my sister," he repeats. I can see his jaw tighten now, as he looks up at me. "And you're currently not being a happy couple or anything."

"She got pissed. Not me. That's why I need your help? Why is she pissed? Why did she kiss me and then regret it? Why did I kiss her while I hate her—"

"Hey, I'm not an oracle."

I bury my head in my hands. All this craziness is making me turn into freaking Thomas. "Just tell me something. Does she have a weird past with another boy or something?"