𝟢𝟤𝟩,𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐬

Clint spied on Janson and Minho and said that Lelia was in the Shack when Janson pushed Minho in, so now I am finally able to sleep well

First, the night with Noelle. Then two nights of worrying about Lelia. I'll be satisfied when I sink into my mattress, right next to Newt, smelling the faint smell he has, feeling his body warmth, looking at his skin, which is just an inch away from touching mine— okay, enough.

So when I have brushed my teeth, changed, told Newt good night, and buried myself under my blankets...

I still can't sleep.

As always.

I mean, Newt's presence for sure is helping and I fall asleep faster than usually, but it never fixed anything.

After about half an hour, he speaks, and I startle. "Anything special keeping you awake?"

Instead of replying to his question, I reply with another one. "How did you know I wasn't asleep?"

When it takes too long for him to answer, I hum in a way that says 'well?'.

"Your breaths," he starts slowly. "Your breaths go... in a certain way when you're asleep. They're calm and well-paced. And you're almost always tapping with one leg, even as you sleep. You're only fidgeting with your hands now. You don't do that as you sleep."

The thought of him watching me or paying attention to me as I sleep, surprisingly doesn't disturb me at all. In fact, I kind of... like it. That he notices these things, I mean.

"I just can't sleep. There's no particular reason." I shrug, sighing. "Does that have to do with anxiety?"

"Are you overthinking as you try to sleep?"

"Usually, but not today. I'm calm. Yet I can't sleep."

"It can be anxiety either way, though in this situation it's probably insomnia."

A thought of having both anxiety and insomnia doesn't ease me at all, but I cover it with a laugh. "I'm starting to think you're a psychologist."

"I've studied some things about psychology, yeah." He laughs quietly, too. "I like it. It's interesting. Do you think facts are nerdy or would you want to know some."

I could listen to his voice all day, even his whispers. So I nod, and tell him to tell me anything at all.

"Okay. Hm... did you know that one single negative thought can damage at least five positive memories?"

"So if I, I don't know, liked my outfit and the things I did that day, but I then remember I was walking around with paint all over my clothes the whole day and find that stupid, it will ruin my memory of that day?"

"Yeah, pretty much. Wanna know another one? You'll like it."

"Absolutely."

"Men aren't more entertaining than women. They just make more jokes and don't care whether others like their humor or not."