𝟢𝟧𝟩,𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

"You're never gonna guess what happened," I tell Lelia through the webcam

"Well?"

"Newt said he's in love with me," the excited words come out fast. "Can you believe that? And we kissed. We're boyfriends now. Can you—"

"I can believe that, yes," she says dryly. Then a giant smile forms on her face. "And that's awesome, Lyndon. I'm really happy for you."

"Thanks," I beam. "Now you can tell Minho. But tell him to not tell Dad or Mom yet. I want to tell them myself... if I survive that."

"You will," she assures. Her head turns away from me. "Hey, you, come here and hear what news Lyndon brought."

Minho appears on the screen a few seconds later. "Yea?"

I'm not nervous right now. I don't know why not, but it's really nice. Perhaps because I'm never nervous with Lelia and have slowly began liking Minho a bit more. He brings her happiness, which brings me happiness.

The Lelia she was a few months ago wouldn't have reacted like that if I told her I got a boyfriend. Sure she would've been happy, but she wasn't as... I don't know how to explain it. I'm just glad she's doing better. Way better.

"Newt and I kissed and now we're boyfriends," I tell him, unable to stop smiling.

Minho stares at me for a few seconds, mouth half open. "Fuck yes!" Lelia laughs at his fist pump. "Finally. Congratulations— I'm going to buy you two presents now. I'm so proud Flower from Bambi and freaking Sadness from Inside Out finally admitted something. Where's Newt?"

Instead of replying, I frown. "Am I Flower or Sadness?"

"That depends on the situation," Minho says. "Well, where is he? I need to give a clap on the shoulder through the screen." 

"He said I should go tell you guys myself. But I can go get him—"

"No. Not necessary," Minho then interrupts. "I'll congratulate him once we get back to the camp." He turns to Lelia. "Can we please go back right now? This is awesome."

She pulls a face. "We'll see about that."

"Any news on your side?" I ask.

"We cleaned her room," Minho says. "Is that Lyndon approved?"

I chuckle. "One hundred percent."

"Other than that, not much." I can see her tense up at her next words. "Has anything else been going on at the camp? Did many people see the pictures?"

"No." I shake my head. "Just us and there's a slight chance some others did, but no one has mentioned it. Our friends are just hoping you're okay. Are you?"

"Doing better, yes. Sorry for suddenly leaving." Lelia tucks a strand of her hair behind her ear. "But you know what would cheer me up even more?"

My eyebrows raise.