𝟢𝟦𝟦,𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐬 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐤

"What did you do?" I stare at Lelia at breakfast, suspicious

She looks up. "Huh?"

"You're eating faster than normally, and you're smiling to yourself now and then."

"So you admit to watching me the whole time."

"No. I noticed."

"Right. Because you were watching Newt instead."

Unfortunately, she is right. Or fortunately, because Newt looks good this morning. He always does, but today... I don't know. His hair is getting longer, I have decided I also love his nose, and this brown, fluffy jacket is amazing. "Whatever— what's going on?"

"Nothing." She takes a casual bite of her cracker.

I lift an eyebrow.

She shoots a raisin at me. When I lift my other eyebrow, it's a grape.

"Hey." Frypan nudges her in the side. "That's my food. Get your own."

"All the food in this table is yours because you made it," she corrects. "And you give it to us, so technically your food is my food."

"That's logical, but also not." The boy frowns.

"You know what else? Technically, all the food in the whole world is mine," she adds.

"Hey! Don't talk around it. You're happy about something."

Frypan looks at her with twinkling eyes and a big grin. "Oh, I know what's she's happy about."

Her face falls. "Uh— you do?"

"You'll never guess what I saw yesterday, Lyndon. When I was taking a delivery of flour, I passed—"

"—out, so I helped him and he gave me a cookie. It was so good that I'm super happy now," Lelia interrupts.

"Liar," I say.

Her mouth falls open.

I hold my hands in the air. "Hey, I only said one word. Don't get pissed."

"You sound like Anakin!" She has to slam a hand to her mouth to keep herself from giggling. "Wait, I still have to show all of you that. Who has watched Star Wars?"

"I think you rather mean, who has watched Hayden Christenen on the screen, drool leaking from your chin," I correct.

"No, but like— it's Hayden. You can't not drool."

Fry leans in and whispers something in her ear, which Lelia pulls a face at. "Just because I have that now, does not mean I can't find Hayden Christenen attractive."

"Hey, moving on—" I attempt again, now really curious on what's going on. "What—"

"A-SHUCKING-LARM!"