𝟢𝟣𝟦,𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧

Apparently, we're going to a lake

Well, Newt says we are, and I'll believe that.

I gave him his shirt back this morning. He 'bloody loved it' and has mentioned my 'bloody amazing skills' every hour until now.

"I think I want you to paint all my clothes now," he says. "Is there paint that doesn't wash off in water? My swim shorts are boring."

I shrug. "This paint doesn't wash off. You can throw it all in the laundry. But chlorine might be another story."

"Yeah, you're probably right." He readjusts the bag on his shoulder. "But I could still swim a lake with it."

We're currently walking to the lake. Newt appears to know where that is, as he has been there with his friends before, and also seems very excited.

"And from who did you get this invitation again?"

"Your sister," he says. "With a threat that if I told anyone, she'd kill me."

"Typical." A short pause. "But you told me."

"She told me to tell you."

"Ah, alright." Another pause. "Would you have gone without me if she didn't tell you to tell me?"

He doesn't hesitate to reply. "I wouldn't have gone. Or I would've told you and sneaked you in."

My smile brightens at that. Not that it's good he'd be ruining his own fun by staying at the camp or having to secretly sneak me in, but just the fact that he wouldn't leave me out.

"But your sister wouldn't," he finishes.

I realize I wasn't listening. "Wouldn't what?"

"She wouldn't leave you out." He smiles. "So don't think that."

"Never said I did."

Newt lets out a laugh. It's like a breeze sweeping my worries away. "You're easy to read. I could see the thought on your face."

"Is that good?"

"You decide that." He readjusts the bag another time, groaning. "Why would she think she'd leave you out?"

"Uhm, because I don't like alcohol and drugs?"

"I don't like it either. Thomas isn't a giant fan. Yet we still get invited. And your sister really won't depend how much she likes you on alchohol and drugs."

I hum. "You have a point." My eyes trail to the bag and his sometimes twitching face and his limp, which seems to cause him pain at the moment. "Give me your bag."

As if he hadn't heard me, his head snaps to me. "What?"

"Your bag. Come on. I'll carry it."

"I can carry a bag."