𝟢𝟣𝟤,𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬

For the millionth time during this game, he pushes my head underwater

Pissed, I smack his face in the water, my hand on the back of his head. "Lee, you're somewhat drowning me."

"If it means I'll win a game of water polo, awesome!"

Sigh. Then I swim after Thomas, who's in my team and currently has the ball. His eyes meet mine, I nod, he gets ready to throw the ball over the other kids' head, and—

"Hey, is that Teresa?"

Just like that, and with those words, Minho slips the ball out of Thomas's hand and tosses it to Jeff, who scores.

"Thomas!" I hiss. Give him a push as he is still looking around for his beloved crush. "Don't fall into traps like that. They just scored!"

"One point for them doesn't mean we'll lose. We still have twenty minutes left before the game ends."

"Every point counts," I say. "And every point will add a feet to Lee's ego. He can't win!"

He sighs.

"Also, what a shame it will be if Teresa hears you lost," I add, even with a grin. 

With that, his eyebrows shoot up. "Minho will win... except only in his dreams."

I pat his back. "Just like that, buddy."

He pushes my head underwater.

"Hey! What was that—"

"Don't talk to me like I'm a three-year-old again," he says sternly.

My hands move into the air. "Whatever you say."

Vince, our grumpy-ish coach with a blonde goatee, blows on the whistle that hangs around his neck. This morning, he introduced himself as not only another camp instructor, but also Jorge's friend, and he seems cool.

We like up on our side of the pool again. Once the ball is thrown to the middle of the water, I start swimming. Unfortunately, but also unsurprisingly (which I hate), Minho is faster than me and is already holding the object with a grin when I look up.

"Ben!" He yells for the boy before throwing.

The blonde catches the boy, tosses it to Clint, but Thomas dives between them and snatches the ball away. It gets tossed to me, and I pass it to one of the girls I met this morning; Harriet.