𝟢𝟧𝟤,𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦

"Thomas!" My eyes wide at the sight of his face, bruised and bandaged

"Thomas!" My eyes wide at the sight of his face, bruised and bandaged. "What happened?"

"Got beaten up," he groans. Straight after he sits down, he buries his head in his hands. "Everything hurts."

"Let me see." Teresa scoots closer. At that, he perks up, but only a little bit, which betrays how bad he actually must feel.

She cups the sides of his face. Moves it to the side to inspect the abrasion on his cheek. Her finger wipes over it softly. "That'll heal just fine. Your eye looks pretty bad, though."

Oh, wow. Watching Thomas's eyes as she touches him makes me believe not all love is ruined these days. He doesn't even seem to notice it when she lightly presses against his blue eyelid.

She finishes looking by ruffling through his messy hair, fixing it. "Perfect."

His eyes are still on her as he speaks, "Perfect, indeed."

I think they're both referring to different things.

Teresa smiles so hard her eyes squint. After she places a quick kiss on his forehead, she turns back to Miyoko and they continue talking like nothing happened.

Thomas? He stays in the exact same position for at least two full minutes before he turns to Newt and I, eyes and mouth wide open. "Did you see that?"

"Yeah, we did." I chuckle.

"She kissed me," he says.

"We know," Newt says. He smiles.

"Wow."

I nod. "Wow it is."

"Wow," he repeats. "My day is made. My headache just flew away. Is that possible, Newt?"

"I'm sure it is."

In the next minute, Minho slides next to the boy. "What're you so drunk about? And why are you freaking bruised?"

"She kissed me," he gulps.

"What? Teresa? She—"

"On the forehead," Newt quickly says. I guess it's good he does, 'cause Minho would've start thinking they actually shared a kiss kiss.

"Oh." The disappointment is visible. "Well, that's still good. Improvement, man."

"Where's Lelia?" I ask. My eyes are on Minho as I do so. He's the one I expect to know now that he's her boyfriend and I'm... busier with... Newt (?).