𝟢𝟣𝟢,𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐧𝐭

This is so wrong

This is so wrong.

What if this girl actually likes me and gets hurt when I tell her this is just a stupid challenge? What if I'm doing this wrong in the first place? I've never kissed someone before and now I'm doing it with someone who I don't even know.

But when I tell myself it's not that big of a deal, I'm convinced it is. Can't the alchohol work out on me like it does on Lelia? I've heard such awesome stories and here I am acting depressed.

It's not that freaking hard to kiss a girl, Lyndon.

She lets go of me, but her hands stay on my cheeks. Her eyes trail over my face. "Hm, if it weren't for me, I'd call you cute."

"I— what?" My eyebrows furrow. Is that the alchohol? I have no idea! What nineteen-year-old never got drunk before?

At least I now know that I hate it.

"I'm a lesbian," she tells me.

What.

Does alcohol make my hearing bad?

"But," she continues, "you have a great friend who saved you here."

"That didn't give me a crazy realization, if you think it did."

The girl laughs, running a hand through her dreadlocks. "Thomas asked me to come here. Kiss either you or Newt so you both wouldn't have to do the awkward things, but it would be weird to kiss Newt since I've known him for quite a long time. His sister is my best friend."

Thomas? This girl knows Newt? Newt has a sister?

"Harriet." She holds out her hand. "Lyndon, right?"

"Er— yeah." Fast, I nod. "So... Thomas sent you?"

"Yup."

"Right. That makes total sense. Like... a lot." When I look away, I pull a face at the imaginary camera. "Well, thanks for... kissing me... I guess?"

Harriet laughs, nudging me in the side. "Sorry for this weird situation. Come on, we'll get a drink. Unless you hate me now."

With a shrug, I follow her to the bar. The man behind it hands both of us a bottle, and I drink it as fast as I can, hoping that will make this disgusting taste go away faster, too.

"You're gonna sick tomorrow if you keep going like this," Harriet warns. She puts the now empty bottle back down on the bar, and to my surprise, it gets filled again.