𝟢𝟥𝟫,𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬

Four weeks into the camp, eleven more to go

It's about a week after Minho and Eli nearly had a fight, and I haven't really talked to either of them, purely because I am irritated.

What Eli said was absolutely ridiculous. I figured he was kind and innocent enough, but apparently not.

But Minho did challenge him into saying something like that, so I can't fully blame him for saying what he said.

But he said something about me. Not about Minho, so that's not fair. If he wants my forgiveness, he'll have to try harder than telling me 'I didn't mean it— he just pissed me off'.

I told him to piss off. Told him he wasn't even allowed to be on the camp in the first place, and that I had made it very clear before that I didn't want any clothes from him. So he left.

Minho? I'm also annoyed with him. I was already annoyed with him. Then he comes up, acting as if he can decide what gifts I accept. Plus, he stole my punch. I wanted to hit Eli for saying that.

Or I guess I just don't know what to think of the fact he punched Eli for saying something about me.

Oh, and things also got heated between Newt and Minho, because Minho apparently said things to Lyndon that Newt couldn't appreciate. I bet Lyndon was only casually telling Newt—not indicating to any harm on purpose—about his talk with Minho.

Oh, and I cried in Newt's arms. I've tried to forget about it, but it's pretty hard as that boy is checking how I'm doing every morning and asking about my day every evening, since I told him why I get along with Minho's mom so well, why I'm confused about my situation with Minho, and why I don't like Amina.

And Newt is just able to talk really kindly and reassuring, so it made me cry because he also gave good advice.

Ugh, there is so many and's and because's and since's.

Anyway— Newt said I'm probably just scared and that I change those feelings into anger 'cause I have no idea what else to do with them.

Something like that. 

I finally shake out of my thoughts when I see something on the ground that's not supposed to be there. A freaking phone.

In case Janson is close, I look around before picking it up. The homescreen is one of the casual
Apple ones. I don't see any notifications.

I turn it around to look at the case. Perhaps that will make me recognize whose phone this is. If not, I'm not sure what I'll do with it. I could use a phone to call Jennifer now and then, and I know Dad is constantly checking if our phones are still on the kitchen table at home, so he won't know I have this one. But I don't know if stealing is the right idea.

It probably never is.

Fortunately, I then see the note in the phone case. Forgive me? It's my old phone. I'm sorry about what I said. Text me.

Okay, at least Eli really is trying.

I unlock it with just a swipe. To check if this isn't some kind of joke, I scroll around a bit. I see a few pictures of Eli in the camera roll. The kind of zoo pictures your parents make of you.

His back is turned to the camera as he watches some animals. In another one, his back is also turned to the camera, and he is watching the sundown. They look quite recent for an old phone, but alright. If he's gonna offer me a damn phone, I won't decline.

I slip the thing in my pocket, then quickly continue making my way to where I'm finally having some time with the girls; at the lake.

Almost there, Sonya catches up with me.

"Oh my God, there you are!" Her arms wrap around me from behind. "It's so good to see you! I think Harriet, Teresa, and Miyoko are already there. Come on, come on. There's so much we need to talk about!"

I absolutely love her. No questions asked, honest excitement, happy to see me, not immediately scowling or making things difficult.

There is no change to the lake, except for the fact that it's even hotter outside than before. Hopefully the water cools us down a bit.

We run toward the other girls over the sand, both because we're excited to see them and because the sand is burning hot. That's why our reunion hugs contain a lot of jumps, too.

I quickly remove my slippers, pants, and top. One of my many bikinis is already on. This one is dark blue— I guess navy blue. It has a golden pin in the middle. On one side, there is a thick strap, the other side is strapless. The bottoms are quite small. Main reason why I didn't choose to wear this bikini the other time we went swimming here.

I'm lucky he didn't ruin my bikinis, jeez.

While Harriet and Sonya go for the rope, Teresa, Miyoko and I just dive into the water. Thank God the water indeed is refreshing.

"Okay. Tell me everything." Teresa swims over to me. "I heard you stayed at Minho and I heard there was drama."

At the sight of my surprised face, Miyoko adds, "News and gossip goes around our group like the freaking Flash." 

"Right. Well, a lot happened," I say slowly, frowning. "And I wanted to just have fun here and forget about it, but I'll give a quick summary."

And so I do. I tell them about the kiss, Minho's mom, how confused I am, the almost fight between Eli and Minho, Newt being pissed at Minho, the Snap, and about the crying in Newt's arms. 

"You're scared."

"That's what Newt said."

"Then we're probably right. But you said you wanted to forget about it, so we will. I'll tell you about Tom and I." Teresa's cheeks gain a color as she speaks. "Okay, so we both went home in the weekend, and since we're neighbors, Tom said I could drive with him and his mom, so we did. We talked a bit, but not much.

Curious, Sonya and Harriet also gather closer to Teresa. We listen attentively.

"His mother invited me over for some tea. We drank that. Then I went upstairs with him. His room is almost the same as years ago! We were sitting on his bed, just talking a bit, and then we were suddenly super close. Unfortunately, his father came home that exact moment, and we jerked away from each other. I went home.

"Next day, he walked my dog with me. You know how cute it was to watch him play with her? It was amazing." She laughs at the memory, eyes squinted. "Then we hung out some more. And that was basically it. Nothing compared to Lelia's story—"

"It's absolutely amazing," I interrupt. "Make a move! Or let him know he can make a move. Thomas is a scared bird."

"I guess I will," she sighs out, then looks at the rest. "And you guys? Got any interesting stories?"

"I cleaned Newt's room for him and found, unfortunately, nothing."

Miyoko chuckles. "I didn't expect anything else. Maybe he now has a Polaroid picture of Lyndon or something."

"Oeh, maybe." Harriet nods heavily. "We need to speed their process up."

"I don't think that's a good idea," I say. "Lyndon can easily feel... pressured. It won't make things any better, trust me. Just give them time. Only person who will be able to help is Newt."

"And you," Sonya says.

"To help him figure the most obvious thing out? No. I'm too impatient and harsh for that."

Harriet shrugs. "You do have a lot of influence on Lyndon."

"Is that good or bad?"

"As long as you don't misuse the ability, I guess it's fine," she replies. "Anyway— come on, we have more swimming to do."