𝟢𝟤𝟪,𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫

Janson luckily doesn't take a lot of time to get Minho inside the Shack

Janson luckily doesn't take a lot of time to get Minho inside the Shack. He barely looks at me.

Plus, Eli's clothes are the same color as my other ones—which are still, in my pocket, wet, hopefully drying—so you'd really have to pay attention to what I wore before to know I changed.

Then the door slams closed. I hear Janson lock the first lock with the key. The second lock that easily opens if you push hard enough is just a small chain, and the third lock, another one with the key, but all the way up the door. I had to stand on my toes to reach it.

Then the silence erupts. Minho sits down on the wooden chair in the corner of the room, and I keep my place on the bed, though my eyes follow him. He's wearing green shorts, wide with a sporty material, and a white shirt. His hair is messy, according to the list we still have to complete.

Well, I haven't heard Lyndon about it, nor Newt, so we're probably not very behind.

"You have the key," he eventually says. "And you went away for two days."

I try to hide my surprise, but it's hard. There is no way he saw me snatching the key away at the last second, or saw me escape.

"Lyndon wanted me to apologize to you, so I came here to do that, but you weren't there," he then explains.

"Or maybe you didn't look right and I just wasn't replying to you," I say, words snappy now I remember what he did again.

"I looked through the window."

"It's as big as my hand. You can't see a thing through that."

He shakes his head. "You weren't in here."

"You can't know."

"You probably would've replied with some stupid if you had been there. You wouldn't have stayed silent."

"I wouldn't?" I cross my arms. "You've known me for two weeks and two days. You don't know a thing."

He crosses his arms too, glaring at me. "Fine, then. Perhaps you can also explain why you're wearing different clothes."

I look down at them. When I look back up, I pull a face. "I was wearing this before, you idiot."

"No, you weren't. You were wearing a spaghetti straps, not a T-Shirt. And your shorts weren't as wide."

"Maybe I brought clothes with me and changed."

"They're boys' clothes."

"Who said girls can't wear boys' clothes?"