𝟢𝟣𝟥,𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

"So," Vince repeats, "when I blow the whistle, you sprint all the way to Jorge

"So," Vince repeats, "when I blow the whistle, you sprint all the way to Jorge. He'll note your time down. Once everyone's done, y'all can do whatever you teenagers do these days as we make the duos. Yeah? Yeah."

Ben raises a hand.

"Yes?"

"Do we get multiple tries on the sprinting? And the fastest try counts?"

Vince is silent for a few seconds, considering it, and the nods. "Sure. Three tries for everyone. Best try counts. I'll give you five minutes to warm up and stretch."

The sun is burning hot today. I've already removed my zip-up vest, but even with a nylon shirt, of which the straps are thin, I'm sweating. And we haven't even started running yet!

"After this, swimming?" Sonya suggests. 

A sigh leaves Harriet's mouth. "Yes, please."

"But the pool is warmed up—" I start.

"We're not going to the pool, sticks." Sonya's arms wrap around me and Miyoko. "Don't tell anyone about this. We don't want the actual misbehaving ones to come to our lake."

I gasp. "You found a lake that's safe to swim in?"

"Water clear as crystal. A rope to swing into it. A pier. Even a raft." A grin forms on the Brit's face. "It's going to be bloody awesome."

"As it sounds," I confirm.

"I'll invite Teresa, too," Harriet says.

"Can I bring Lyndon?"

For a second, Sonya's thoughtful. "Fine. But if you bring Lyndon, that automatically means my brother will be there. And that automatically means that Thomas and Minho will somehow end up there, too. Along with Fry, who'll bring Alby and Ben. And then Jeff and Clint will—"

"Well, they all seem fine, so it's not a big deal," I say. The girls nod in agreement, so we whistle Thomas and Minho over.

"You two are gonna come with us to the lake. Not a word to anyone else, or I'll tell your sweet secrets to every single kid here," Sonya threatens.

Damn.

"As if you know my secrets," Minho states, but then he shrugs. "Okay, fine. Do I bring anything?"

"No. It's alchohol free," Miyoko decides sternly. "We're just gonna make it a nice afternoon. And if we miss dinner and just eat fish there, at least we'll all be shucked up when Janson doesn't see us."