chapter 6

Chapter 6 – Chapter 6: Female cow’s difficult birth, space fluctuation

Time unknowingly lied flat and passed by three months.

At three months, Jinli had already proficiently started to turn over.

At this time, she looks so good, white and plump and tender, with a pair of black grape-like eyes that turn round and round, laughing like a crescent moon. She’s so cute that you can’t help but take a big bite.

What made the villagers more amused and fond of her was that she even recognized people at such a young age.

If someone is unhygienic and dirty, she would wrinkle her little face and show her dislike, and she wouldn’t let them hold her.

For those who are hygienic and clean, she would show a little smile, and it’s okay if they want to hug her.

Over time, everyone in the village knew that Jinli was a clean and hygienic baby.

“Haha, I’ve never seen such a smart and clean little baby.”

“In her first month, she could already recognize people. Now at three months, she actually chooses her favorites. Xiaofang, your daughter is so smart.”

After lunch, a group of villagers came to Xiao Wanshan’s yard to see Jinli, praise her, and tease her.

Adorable and cute like a doll, Jinli has become a must-praise for the villagers when they visit.

“When I came, Xiao Changsheng’s female cow was about to give birth. I wonder if it has been born by now?” said a villager.

“I heard it started in the morning, and by now it should have given birth.”

“That cow in his family gives birth to a calf every year, haha, it’s quite a good income.”

At this moment, there are a bunch of people crowded around Xiao Changsheng’s cattle pen.

A robust female cow keeps pacing back and forth, constantly kicking and throwing dirt with her front hooves, and mooing loudly, clearly in pain.

An experienced villager looks at the situation, and his eyebrows furrow a little, expressing a slightly bad feeling, “Changsheng, it’s been so long and it still hasn’t given birth, could it be a difficult birth?”

As soon as Xiao Xianchun’s words fell, Xiao Changsheng’s eyebrows were tightly twisted together.

A villager immediately said, “It seems like a difficult birth. Changsheng, why don’t you quickly go to town to find a veterinarian?”

Xiao Changsheng’s wife, seeing the cow’s suffering and its inability to give birth, also worriedly said, “Old man, hurry up and go to town to find a veterinarian.”

Xiao Changsheng didn’t hesitate, got on his motorcycle, and left.

After he left, the villagers still talked.

“Changsheng’s cow has given birth before. It’s been a while, and it’s probably a difficult birth.”

Women can have B-ultrasound scans at the hospital before giving birth. If the fetal position is abnormal, a cesarean section can be performed.

But the female cow doesn’t have these options when giving birth to a calf.

If it really is a difficult birth, people can only rely on their own strength to pull the calf out of the cow’s stomach, which is cruel and somewhat painful, but it’s the only way and relatively safe.

However, this also requires professionals, otherwise, both the mother cow and calf are at great risk.

Xiao Changsheng’s wife watched the cow pacing back and forth restlessly, showing a worried and anxious expression on her face.