chapter 94

Chapter 94: Chapter 94: Maternal Grandmother and Maternal Grandfather Arrive

“They’re here, they’re here!”

Xiao Jinli stood at the entrance of the courtyard, watching from afar as three cars slowly approached.

Xiao Siqian squinted at the other two cars.

It seems that their maternal aunt’s family is doing pretty well.

After a while, the cars stopped at the entrance.

Xiao Jinli immediately ran to the second car, opened the door, and sweetly called, “Grandpa, Grandma!”

Moments later, two spirited and healthy-looking elderly people stepped out. Although there were a few white hairs in their temples, their faces were flushed red. They were dressed simply but neatly, looking very approachable and friendly. However, the old man was slightly more serious.

But his seriousness couldn’t resist Xiao Jinli.

“Oh, my good baby, my good baby, Grandma missed you so much. You’ve grown taller and even more beautiful.”

As soon as they met, Grandma hugged Xiao Jinli.

Xiao Jinli said, “Grandma, I missed you too, I really did.”

At this time, they could only call each other every day, unable to see each other in person.

Grandpa seemed a little unhappy, “Doesn’t my good baby miss Grandpa as well?”

“Of course, I miss Grandpa too, I miss both of you!” Xiao Jinli said, and then gave her grandpa a hug as well, “Seeing you both in such good spirits makes me so happy!”

“Haha, my good baby, you’re always the most considerate.”

At this time, the maternal aunt’s family of three also got out of the car.

The maternal aunt and Xiao’s mother looked somewhat similar, both tall and with fair skin. Wearing light makeup, a floral dress, and black sandals, she was a beautiful woman.

Standing next to her was an elegant-looking man in his thirties or forties, dressed in a suit and shoes, wearing black-rimmed glasses, exuding a refined, polite demeanor.

The other person was a young man who looked about the same age as Xiao Siqian, tall but slightly chubby.

As soon as Gao Yanxin got out of the car, he took Xiao Jinli from her grandfather’s arms, hugged her excitedly and happily, saying, “Cousin! Cousin!

I’ve missed you so much!”

Gao Yanxin held her so tightly that Xiao Jinli struggled a bit before helplessly smiling sweetly, “Cousin, I’ve missed you too. Can you let me go first? You’re holding me too tight, I can’t breathe!”

Gao Jianjun immediately slapped his son on the shoulder and scolded, “You idiot, did you hear her? Put your cousin down. The older you get, the more rude you become. You’re so big and your cousin is so delicate, why are you using so much force to hold her?”

Gao Yanxin put Xiao Jinli down, grinned and said, “I haven’t seen my cousin in so long, I’m just excited and happy.”

The maternal aunt, Ji Yuzhu, playfully hit his head and laughed, “With your strength, you could win a weightlifting championship, or at least a silver medal, not many people are as strong as you.”

Gao Yanxin was not convinced, “It’s not that exaggerated. I used to hold her when we were kids, too.”

“You idiot, you still talk about when you were kids. As soon as your cousin was in your arms, she would cry her eyes out,” the maternal aunt was even angrier, “At first we didn’t know why; we thought your cousin didn’t like you. Turns out you were holding her so tight, it was uncomfortable.”