chapter 103

Chapter 103: Chapter 103: Xiao Family’s Vegetables Successfully Made It Out of the Circle

The vegetables sold by the villagers of Xiao Family Village were popular, initially because they looked better. The vegetables in their baskets were juicier and greener than others, and the prices were not high.

However, afterwards, anyone from Xiao Family Village who had sold vegetables in the Open Market Town, would be stopped by previous customers who would eagerly buy from them.

“Hey, slow down, don’t rush, don’t crush our vegetables!”

Chen Qiulan was anxious as she watched as these customers raided her basket of vegetables, grabbing them haphazardly.

Soon, seven or eight people cleared out the vegetables in her basket.

Chen Qiulan,”.

Having sold out so quickly felt good.

“Come on, tally up our bill,” an old lady holding several small cabbages and spinach asked.

Chen Qiulan said, “Small cabbage is fifty cents a bundle, spinach is one yuan and fifty cents a bundle.”

The old lady frowned slightly and said, “Yesterday, this small cabbage was sold for forty cents, today it’s fifty cents. Spinach was one yuan, make it cheaper.”

Chen Qiulan was not a fool. Her vegetables were in high demand but she would not sell them cheaply.

She had no relationship with these people and didn’t know them. It could be considered good if she sold them at a low price once; they couldn’t expect her to sell cheaply every time.

Chen Qiulan said, “No, I can’t lower the price of these vegetables.”

Chen Qiulan stood firm!

“I bought so much, make it cheaper.” The old lady haggled.

Chen Qiulan laughed and said, “Old lady, I haven’t even started selling this batch of vegetables.”

Meaning that even if she didn’t buy, others would clear out her vegetables anyway.

The old lady realized she could not get a discount, took into account the vegetables in her hand, and thought of her own children back home, so she paid.

Seeing this, the others did not haggle with Chen Qiulan either; they paid according to the prices Chen Qiulan quoted.

Chen Qiulan looked at the empty baskets, looked at the money in her hand, and muttered, “Did I sell them too cheaply? Should I raise prices further?”

Chen Qiulan packed up her empty baskets and headed home.

It wasn’t a market day, so there was nothing to buy at home. Of course, after selling she would go straight home.

On her way, she bumped into other sellers.

They looked at each other first, then burst into laughter.

Ad

“I thought only my vegetables sold quickly, haha, your vegetables were sold out that quickly, too.”

“Yes, I didn’t even reach the entrance of the market when the people who bought my vegetables previously were waiting there. My basket hadn’t even been put down when they snapped up all my vegetables. Haha, I’ve been selling my homegrown vegetables for more than ten years, and this is the first time I’ve seen such a situation.”

“I was in the same situation. My vegetables were also sold out by people who had bought from me before, blocking the path and emptying the basket in just a few moments.