chapter 30

Chapter 30: Chapter 30: The Little Jinli Standing Up Against Injustice

Xiao’s mother took Xiao Siqian shopping for clothes, bought daily necessities at the supermarket, and then took him to a bookstore to buy test papers from elementary school to high school.

Xiao Siqian stood by, watching his mother carefully selecting elementary and junior high school test papers, his mouth twitching constantly. He, a prestigious foreign university graduate, had to do these junior test papers.

Xiao Siqian endured and said, “Aunt, I’ve looked through these elementary and junior high school test papers, and I can definitely do them without any problem. How about we just buy two sets of high school test papers to see?”

Upon hearing this, Xiao’s mother’s eyes lit up, and she exclaimed excitedly, “Xiao Quan, you can understand and do these elementary and junior high school test papers?”

Xiao Siqian nodded.

Xiao’s mother pointed to several questions on the third and fifth-grade test papers, and Xiao Siqian answered each one.

The sales clerk standing nearby looked puzzled.

At first, she thought they were buying for the children in the family, but now it seems like they were buying for this young man.

Looking at the young man’s age, he must have at least graduated from junior high school, if not high school.

After all, nine-year compulsory education is implemented nationwide.

She couldn’t help but ask, “Ma’am, are you buying test papers for the children in your family? What grade are the children in? Would you like me to recommend some materials?”

Xiao’s mother smiled and said, “No need, we’ve already made our selections. Thank you, we’ll go check out now.”

The bookstore clerk,

Xiao’s mother had already determined that Xiao Siqian had no problem with elementary and junior high school knowledge, but she still needed to confirm his high school knowledge.

By the time the two of them left the bookstore, it was already three-thirty.

Just as Xiao’s mother was about to call her son, he called her.

“Son, I was just about to call you. Yes, we’ve bought everything, and we’re waiting for you at the bookstore entrance.”

After hanging up, Xiao’s mother said to Xiao Siqian, “Let’s wait here for a while. Your brother will come to pick us up by car soon.”

Xiao Siqian said, “Aunt, let’s wait inside the store. There’s air conditioning.”

Xiao’s mother nodded, “Alright!”

About ten minutes later, Xiao Junxuan arrived in his car to pick them up.

Xiao Siqian was slightly puzzled, wondering where the Xiao family’s father and son worked. Were their work hours so flexible?

Of course, Xiao Siqian didn’t ask, knowing that he would find out eventually.

Xiao Junxuan took them to the Central Primary School in town. After waiting

for a few minutes, Xiao Jinli got off school.

Xiao Siqian and the others stood among the crowd of parents waiting to pick up their children outside the school. The small and old school in his eyes was incomparable to the prestigious school he had attended, yet it had a different kind of vitality and joy.