chapter 69

Chapter 69: Chapter 69: A Small Incident in the Library 1

After sending Xiao Jinli and Xiao Siqian to the library, the family left.

Xiao’s mother repeatedly urged, “Xiao Bao, don’t run around here, wait for mom and dad to pick you up! Xiao Quan, please look after Xiao Bao.”

Ad

Xiao Siqian assured, “Aunt, don’t worry, I promise to watch my sister and not let her run around.”

Xiao Jinli glanced at him and muttered, “If I wanted to run, you couldn’t stop me.”

Of course, she came to the library to read books, not to run around.

After Xiao’s father left with two others, Xiao Siqian led Xiao Jinli into the library.

Since it was summer vacation, there were quite a few people coming to read and borrow books. In this unfamiliar place, Xiao Siqian felt more at ease holding his sister’s hand.

As they walked, he asked, “Sis, what kind of book do you want to read?”

Xiao Jinli thought for a moment and said, “Science fiction!”

In fact, it was not really science fiction; she just wanted to read about quantum cosmology and such.

As a person from the future, she knew best about the development of the future.

Because she was so clear about it, she wanted to try to slow down the deterioration of the Earth and give humanity more time to live in peace and stability.

Xiao Siqian was a bit surprised that Xiao Jinli liked to read science fiction.

Ad

After all, during the time he had spent with Xiao Jinli, he knew that she was lively when with her family, but otherwise seemed laid-back and didn’t seem to have any hobbies.

Xiao Siqian chuckled softly, “Oh, so my sister likes to read science fiction novels. Alright, I’ll take you to find some.”

The library was quite large, and Xiao Siqian found the science fiction section, where many children were already sitting, crouching, or standing and reading books.

Xiao Siqian asked, “Which book do you want to read? I’ll get it for you!”

Xiao Jinli scanned the area and said, “Get me that ‘Galaxy Heroes’.”

Xiao Siqian took the book off the shelf, flipped through it, and handed it to Xiao Jinli, saying, “This is a good book for you.”

Xiao Jinli took the book, found a place to sit down, and began to read.

After watching for a while, Xiao Siqian left.

He was there to read books too, but he wanted to read about economics and finance, and he didn’t want Xiao Jinli to know for the time being.

After all, he was still in a state of amnesia.

After Xiao Siqian left, Xiao Jinli sat quietly and read her book.

Ad

As she read, she found it more and more interesting.

She never thought that people of this era would have such rich imaginations, and many of the things described were very close to the future.

However, Xiao Jinli also wondered whether it was the modern people’s rich imagination and wild ideas, or if the forms of the things in the later generations were based on the descriptions of their predecessors.