chapter 79

Chapter 79: Chapter 79: The Friendship is Completely Over!

After being scolded by Xiao Jinli, Shi Zhu’er’s face turned red with anger. She pointed at Xiao Jinli and said angrily, “What’s wrong with you? How could you be so ill-mannered?”

Xiao’s mother disagreed with these words, saying, “Young lady, I don’t agree with you saying that my Xiao Bao has no manners. Regarding manners, may I ask, young lady, is it courteous to mock and ridicule elders you don’t know, snatch the jewelry we liked, and now worry about us not having money for a meal? Is this your upbringing? Does your family’s education teach you to look down on and ridicule people at will?”

Learn more
On her own, Shi Zhu’er couldn’t out-argue Xia’s mother and daughter. She stomped her foot and snorted, “Hmph, I’m worried that you’ll come to eat and not have money to pay for the meal, don’t lose face then!”

“Really, thank you for your kindness, young lady!” Xiao’s mother sharply replied, “Even if we don’t have money and have to wash dishes or beg outside, we would never ask you for a penny. So, worry less about us.”

Then, Xiao’s mother looked at Shi Xia, her tone not very pleasant, “Young man, who is this person to you? Why don’t you control her and let her bite people indiscriminately outside?”

Shi Xia’s expression immediately worsened.

As he was about to speak, Xiao Junxuan walked over after parking the car. Seeing Shi Xia and his siblings with their parents, he smiled and said, “What a coincidence, you all met here.”

Then, he introduced them to his parents, “Mom and Dad, let me introduce you, this is Shi Xia, my friend, and this is his sister. They were the ones who invited you to have dinner. Shi Xia, these are my parents, sister, and younger brother.”

However, after introducing them, he noticed that the atmosphere on the scene was a bit odd, especially the expressions of his parents. They looked uncomfortable, and Shi Xia’s siblings’ faces were flushed.

Xiao Junxuan asked in confusion, “What’s going on?”

At this moment, Xiao Jinli smirked and said, “Brother, did you say they invited our family to have dinner?”

“Yes!” Xiao Junxuan was puzzled, “Sis, did something happen?”

Could something have happened while he had gone to the parking lot?

Learn more
“Oh!” Xiao Jinli revealed a sarcastic expression on her face and said lightly, “This young lady said we’re dressed poorly and can’t afford to eat in this restaurant. She suggested we go eat fast food outside.”

Upon hearing this, Xiao Junxuan’s handsome face immediately darkened.

In just a short while, his family had been insulted by Shi Zhu’er.

Shi Zhu’er was both embarrassed and ashamed, her face flushed. She was about to explain when Xiao’s father spoke up.

Xiao’s father said, “That’s not all. When I took your mom to the shopping mall to buy jewelry, she came up and mocked us for our shabby appearance, thinking we could afford gold and silver jewelry. Didn’t they know how expensive gold is now? Also, when we were in the jewelry store, we liked a necklace and were about to pay for it when she came over and wanted to pay double the price to buy it from the salesperson.”

The more Xiao Junxuan listened, the darker his face became.

He hadn’t imagined that his parents would be insulted by Shi Zhu’er before they even formally met Shi Xia.