chapter 62

Chapter 62: Chapter 62: Xiao’s Mother’s Amazing Cooking Skills

“Wow, it smells so good!”

“Xiaofang’s cooking skills are so impressive. We haven’t even entered the yard, and the aroma has already greeted us.”

“I think I smelled radish stewed beef.’

“I smelled braised pork.”

“And also chicken, must be old hen soup.”

When everyone arrived, Xiao Jinli was in the yard, cleaning the bowls and chopsticks to be used.

Seeing everyone came over, Xiao Jinli laughed and said, “My uncles and aunts, your noses are really sensitive. All those dishes are made, my mom also made beef offal, spicy blood dishes, stuffed tofu, braised pork feet…”

“Ha Ha, with so many delicious dishes today, we are surely blessed.” Everyone laughed, “I am drooling just from the aroma.”

“Every time I pass by your house and smell the meals, I always want to come and mooch a meal, but I feel too embarrassed.’

Visiting Xiao Wanshan’s home for a meal once or twice is fine, but doing so too often is definitely not acceptable.

Given Xiao Wanshan’s affection for his wife, he would certainly send those who come for free meals away.

Jokes aside, having an additional person for a meal would just add to the burden of his wife.

Xiao Jinli naturally understands her father’s nature and laughed, “We will invite everyone to dine with us when the opportunity arises.”

However, we can’t tire mom out and instead, it’s okay to push brother a bit.

After all, he inherited the cooking talents from mom, and he can prepare meals almost as well as mom.

But, mom loves to cook for the family, hence, brother doesn’t really get a chance to do so often.

Once everyone arrived, they took their seats.

It was a big round table that can accommodate eleven or twelve people easily.

With seven or eight people who worked and the five members of the Xiao family, it’s just enough to fill a big table.

Of course, there were also adults who brought their children along.

However, the children didn’t sit at the table.

The children were served some rice and dishes and they would eat at a smaller table.

Xiao Jinli, well, she did sit at the table.

Because the people of Xiao Village never treated her as an ordinary child.

Xiao Junxuan brought the dishes out from the kitchen one by one.

Braised pork with dried bean curd, radish stewed beef, beef offal, spicy blood dishes, stuffed tofu, braised pork feet, eggy-stewed needle mushroom, eggplant claypot, vinegar-yuhe stewed pig intestine, and a steamed bass, seaweed beer duck, hand-torn cabbage, sausage fried garlic sprouts, assorted vegetables, and an old hen soup.

A full table of dishes, all looking and smelling great, tempting enough to make people drool.

“Wow, Xiaofang’s dishes are not only beautiful but also appetizing.”

“Indeed, look at this braised pork and braised pork feet, the color is so vibrant, it’s so beautiful, and it smells incredibly good too. The braised pork feet I cook ends up either white or black, my children at home always ask me to learn how to cook this dish from Xiaofang.” Chen Qiuhua spoke with a slight trace of helplessness, “I’ve watched Xiaofang quite a few times and tried to cook it myself at home as well, but it’s never as flavorful.”