chapter 23

Chapter 23: Chapter 23: Little Koi has been strong since childhood

“Jinli, Jinli, the hospital called, and the boy you found has woken up. Do you want to go see him?”

Before they even reached the Xiao Family house, Xiao Qingshan began shouting from the doorway.

The Village Head followed behind Xiao Qingshan and rolled his eyes at his son’s immature behavior, speaking irritably, “He’s over twenty years old, and still acting so noisy, it’s quite disgraceful.”

Xiao Jinli was lying in a lounge chair in the yard when she saw the Village Head and his son enter, so she stood up.

Xiao’s mother laughed as she brought some tea, saying, “Village Head,

Qingshan has always been lively and bubbly, which is quite cute.”

When a twenty-something young man is called cute, even thick-skinned Xiao Qingshan’s face reddens involuntarily.

He said, “Auntie, don’t praise me like that; it’s embarrassing.”

Xiao’s mother covered her mouth, giggling, “Qingshan, I’m telling the truth.”

Xiao Qingshan didn’t bother to argue with her further. He turned to Xiao Jinli and said, “Jinli, the hospital called and said that the boy you found has woken up, and the police officers have gone over too.

However, he seems to have amnesia and doesn’t know his name or where he’s from. He doesn’t have anything on him to identify himself either, so his identity is still unknown for now.”

“Oh, he has amnesia?” Xiao Jinli’s eyes twinkled, and the corners of her mouth lifted slightly, revealing an intrigued expression, “Does he really not remember anything?”

She had already checked his pulse, and he hadn’t suffered any major head injuries. His most serious injuries were to his internal organs, especially his lungs, which showed signs of severe bleeding. However, after her treatment and hospitalization, it shouldn’t be much of a problem.

So, how did he get amnesia?

Xiao Qingshan nodded, “That’s right, he doesn’t remember anything. Jinli, my dad and I are planning to visit him. Do you want to go too? The hospital also said that his hospitalization costs aren’t enough, so we need to bring some money.”

“Sure, let’s go see him together,” Xiao Jinli immediately became interested in the boy.

When Xiao Qingshan and the others arrived at the hospital and entered the ward, they saw a police officer stand up and prepare to leave.

Upon seeing them enter, one of the officers smiled at Xiao Qingshan, “Mr. Xiao,

I was just about to find you, and you’re already here.”

Xiao Qingshan smiled and asked, “Officer Chen, what did you need from me?”

Officer Chen put away his smile, asked seriously, “Mr. Xiao, where exactly did you find this boy in the mountains?”

Xiao Qingshan looked at Xiao Jinli, who replied, “On top of Red Peak Mountain!

When I found him, he was lying unconscious on the ground, bleeding all over.”

Hearing Xiao Jinli’s words, Su Yichen was taken aback and looked at her with surprise in his eyes, asking, “Little Sister, you were the one who found and carried me down the mountain?”

Xiao Jinli nodded, “Yes, I’m the one who carried you down the mountain. Is there a problem?”

Su Yichen was astonished when he looked at Xiao Jinli’s small frame.