chapter 127

Chapter 127: Chapter 127: Mental Illness

As Li Dayou fell on his buttocks two or three meters away, the villagers started chattering in surprise after watching him.

“This young man has such great strength.”

“Yeah, being able to kick someone so far away, how strong must he be?”

“Has Li Dayou gone crazy? He starts fights with everyone and now he even wants to hit a child.”

“Yeah, have you noticed that something’s off with Li Dayou’s mental state?”

“Yes, I also think there’s something wrong with Li Dayou’s mental health. When he used to beat his wife and children, we thought it was just a violent temper. But now, he beats people all the time, even strangers. That’s not normal, is it?”

“Yeah, which normal person swears and beats people so easily? Perhaps Li Dayou really has a mental illness.”

“If he has mental illness, that would be terrifying. It seems his illness makes him prone to violence, always hitting people. What if, by chance, he beats someone to death? How could we deal with that?”

“Yeah, the child is so young, and he wanted to hit him without hesitation. Look at his eyes, obviously red, and he’s so impulsive and violent. If he didn’t control his strength, the child wouldn’t be able to withstand it.”

Everyone was suspecting that Li Dayou had a mental illness.

Oh, it’s not just suspicion, they were certain of it.

Li Dayou was lying on the ground, howling in pain. Some children, out of curiosity, wanted to join in the commotion but were held back by the adults, not allowing them to come close.

This Li Dayou was a mentally ill person who could become violent.

What if he hurt the children? What would they do?

Xiao Village Chief frowned and asked Chief Li, “Is this man mentally ill?”

Chief Li shook his head, “We don’t know?”

Xiao Village Chief said, “I don’t care if he’s mentally ill or not, but he beat Xiao Wanlin for no reason, and he must compensate for it!”

At this moment, Xiao Jinli whispered a few words into the ear of Xiao Village Chief.

Xiao Village Chief’s frown deepened.

He asked again, “Have you seen his wife and child lately?”

The villagers were slightly stunned, not understanding why Xiao Village Chief suddenly wanted to ask about Li Dayou’s wife and child. They looked at each other.

Xiao Village Chief didn’t hear the villagers’ answer, so he became more anxious and asked again, “Have you or not?”

“I haven’t seen Hongxiu and Xiaoliang for nearly a month.”

“It’s been a long time since I saw them too. Li Davou said that he beat Honzxiu and the child, so they went back to their maiden family a month ago.”

“That’s not right. In the past, when he beat Hongxiu and the child, they would go back to their maiden family, but Li Dayou would come to fetch them after two or three days. In general, Hongxiu’s time at her maiden family wouldn’t last more than one week.”

“Sigh, Hongxiu is really unlucky. After being beaten by Li Dayou, she went back to her maiden family and tried to get a divorce, but her family wouldn’t let her. They said it would embarrass them and lose face, and they wouldn’t recognize her as their daughter. They also said that it’s not a big deal for a woman to be beaten, just lie down for a few days and she would be fine.”