chapter 72

Chapter 72: Chapter 72: Minor Shopping Mall Incident

On the other side, Father Xiao took Mother Xiao to the largest shopping mall in Jianggan City.

They were not strangers to this city since they had visited Jianggan City before.

Learn more
Father Xiao just wanted to stroll around with his wife and buy her any beautiful clothes, skirts, or jewelry that caught his eye.

Looking at his wife’s smooth forehead, Father Xiao suddenly said earnestly,

“Wife, I feel like you’re missing something!”

Mother Xiao was perplexed and asked, “What?”

“Beautiful jewelry!” Father Xiao said seriously, “Aren’t all women fond of gold and silver jewelry?”

Mother Xiao was taken aback. When had she ever said she liked these things?

Feeling somewhat helpless, Mother Xiao replied, “That won’t be necessary. The jewelry box you bought is already full of gold and silver jewelry.”

“Is it full?” Father Xiao said matter-of-factly, “Then, let’s buy another jewelry box. ”

“…” Mother Xiao replied, “No need, it’s too extravagant.”

“It’s only natural for a man to earn money and for a woman to spend it,” Father Xiao declared boldly. “Rest assured, wife, I may not be very capable, but I can certainly afford to buy you gold and silver jewelry. Come, let’s go take a look.” As soon as he finished speaking, a snicker could be heard from behind.

Then, someone mocked, “Bro, listen to this guy bragging about things he can’t afford. Hee hee… Dressed like a pauper and still dreaming of buying gold and silver jewelry. Doesn’t he know how expensive gold is these days?”

Ad

Xiao Wanshan and Mother Xiao turned around and saw an eighteen or nineteen-year-old girl in a pink skirt, clinging to a man in his mid-twenties, jeering at them.

Hearing this, Xiao Wanshan became infuriated. Just as he was about to lash out, Mother Xiao quickly pulled him back and placated him. “Husband, let it go, she’s just a young girl. You shouldn’t hold a grudge against her. Didn’t you say you were going to buy me gold and silver jewelry? Let’s go now!” After all, she was just a child, and they shouldn’t stoop to her level.

Only Mother Xiao could tame Father Xiao’s temper.

Mother Xiao quickly took Father Xiao to a jewelry store in the shopping mall.

Seeing them actually heading to a jewelry store, Shi Zhu’er, the girl who had mocked them, stomped her foot in anger and said to her brother, “Brother, come, accompany me to buy jewelry!”

At his sister’s words, Shi Xia was momentarily speechless, “Sister, why do you care about their business? Whether they have money or not has nothing to do with you. There’s no need for you to get angry over it.”

Shi Zhu’er said petulantly, “But I can’t stand people who pretend to be richer than they are. They obviously don’t have much money, yet they spend it lavishly.”

Shi Xia frowned and advised, “Sister, it’s their money, not yours, why should you care?”

“Come, follow me to see!” Shi Zhu pulled her brother along to the same jewelry store.

Shi Xia,

Upon entering the jewelry store, Father Xiao and Mother Xiao went straight to the gold section.