Monkey fucking business

The night had fallen and the club was back to its glamour, filled with bustling people. The main floor was occupied by young, more on the excited side of the people, while a decent and elite class took the seating areas surrounding the main floor. Drinkers and dancers complemented each other in their respective ways whereas the others enjoyed an amazing view of the nightclub and its services.

Nonetheless, the club was as busy as it was every night.

Just like any other meeting in the headquarters, the upper floors of the huge building were quiet, under controlled security. Several underbosses rounded a long meeting table in their designated room, posing their progress report in front of them, as they waited for the crime lord who had yet to come.

The said crime lord arrived on time. King left the manor after giving some important instructions to the staff and his security. The meeting was important to him since his baby boy was going to be a part of it and so King hurried to reach his headquarters.

Can't let his baby be alone and nervous for his first experience.

The crime lord speed walked through sweaty, drunk people with Charlton by his side as they moved forward towards the elevator. Both the men were engrossed in talking, discussing matters in hand when a swish of something relatable to King ran past his sight. king halted in his tracks and looked back at the bar quickly.

Charlton stopped right after King, trying to see what made them stop.

In his peripheral vision, King saw a mop of hair among many people that he was aware of like the back of his hand. His sharp ears had also caught the sound of the sweetest giggles he is used to hearing regularly but upon looking at the bar, where he thought the sound was coming from, there was no one. Only strangers drinking like usual.

Maybe a trick of the light or a misunderstanding.

"what's wrong king?" Charlton asked in a low whisper, thinking of various scenarios in his mind. It would be no surprise if they encountered any unnecessary event at the club, it was a worst yet unavoidable part of their mafia life.

"I think I saw someone......" King muttered but then he looked at Charlton with questioning eyes.

"where is my boy and Lucca?" King asked with a narrowed gaze. According to his knowledge, Mago and his right-hand man should be in the meeting room,--- since they left before the king in a hurry---, with everyone like the protocol had suggested.

But now he was doubtful.

"Upstairs, fourth floor" Charlton replied with confidence, he made it sure that the boy had reached inside the premises of the club safe and sound. Plus, Lucca had confirmed their exact location to be the meeting room and so they should be inside the meeting room.

King didn't say anything in return, after thinking for a minute, he proceeded towards the elevator with a nod. But now his mind was half diverted.

"where were we?" King asked as soon as they entered the elevator. Charlton pressed the button to their desired floor and then stood straight facing King.

"Logan Grey was contacted, King. He was scared as expected after he was called here but he agreed to meet eventually. He said, if the matter involves Enzo Parker, then he is willing to come" King nodded his head silently, eyes far into different thoughts before he came back.

"then make it easy for him. Call him to the manor, in fact, send someone to bring him. No harsh treatment" King ordered and Charlton listened carefully, nodding his head with the instructions.