Chapter 4

The boys tried flirting with me the whole ride, and in response, I would act shy, flash a pretty smile, and giggle here and there. I felt bad for them, but I wasn't going to be staying in California long enough for it to matter.

We pulled up to a large fenced area with a keypad where Luke typed in the key and opened the fence. He was careful not to let me see the code. Smart. We drove for another ten minutes, and I finally started seeing some trees again.

"Is this what you had in mind, Alejandra?" one of the boys asked.

I nodded my head, "Sí" They led me straight into the heart of their pack without even realizing I was sizing them up.

"Before I see the forest could I use the restroom?" I flipped them a shy smile hoping they would let me in the house.

"Um, well, the house is locked, and we don't have a key." Raphael was stuttering slightly, I knew he could unlock it, but they couldn't risk a human knowing their secrets.

"Oh, it is okay. I will wait."

We got out of the car, and I smiled; it smelled like wolves. Today was a success. We walked into the forest, and I started to feel dizzy. Ignoring it, I pushed forward. Taking a deep breath, I smelled something intoxicating. It was similar to David but different. Stronger. My head started to pound, and my stomach churned. I felt sick.

Werewolves didn't get sick like this. I knelt on the ground, coughing, about to throw up. "Alejandra, are you okay?" All three boys knelt down around me.

"Yes. I. Am. Fine." I said between my coughs and gags.

"I think we should get you home; you seem pretty sick." I felt arms around me, and the boys carried me back to the car. I was so dizzy I didn't even notice when we were back at the mall next to Lindsey's car. My head was starting to clear, but I still felt nauseous. I had never experienced anything like this. Yes, werewolves occasionally got sick, but we had extremely high immune systems and metabolisms, so we quickly burned through almost every sickness.

The last thing I remember from that day was one of the boys laying me in my bed. Everything in between and after was a blur as I fell asleep.

----------------------

Hey so I know this chapter is a bit shorter but I hope you enjoyed, please vote and comment. More votes/comments means the faster I write another chapter ;)

Does anyone have any idea what made her sick? Or perhaps what is gonna happen?

Thanks for taking the time to read once again I hope you enjoyed :)